Riviera Deck on Splendor

nyc1967

I'm looking to book this ship for July. I want an oceanview room - it will e 4 of us in the room. Are most Oceanview rooms lower? it gives me the choice of Riviera or main for a bit more?

Is Being that low a bad room choice in your opinion?

We had an OV on the Main deck on Splendor and loved it! You will be closest to the dining rooms, theatre, guest services, etc and just a short elevator ride to the Lido.

You are also closest to Deck 0 when you need to get off the ship in ports. We were very happy with our room. We had two connecting OVs for the five of us.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

being low on a ship is a good thing its the area that feels less motion then being higher.

its also cheaper- the higher you go the more you pay.

be careful on whats over you do not book a cabin under the galley

Deck 1 and 2 have window cabins anything higher will have balcony cabins. I have always booked on the Rivera or main deck. They are in a very convenient location. Try and book center ship you will have less noise and motion.

We had an OV quad booked in 2009 when H1N1 occurred. We changed to aft balconies. Next month we are sailing in an OV on Main. Mom and Sis always book OV's on the Splendor.

Be careful of cabins 2404, 2407, 2408, 2409 as they seem to be directly under the galley. All Riviera deck cabins are under cabins, nice and quiet.

Look at a deck plan to figure out what is above and below.

Ditto. I have booked connecting cabin on the Riviera deck for the same reason. I prefer low and midship. I didnt go with the Main deck because there is stuff above you where the Riviera deck has only cabins above. I have done the Riviera deck only on the Pride and loved it.

I've been on the Splendor twice, once in an inside on the Riviera and 2 weeks ago on the Lido. Both were great locations! Elevators & stairs are there for a reason. Movement wise, we felt just as much movement down below compared to up top. Both were midship cabins. We booked the Riviera the first time because of the price and the only reason we chose the Lido this last time because it we got a really good deal on it. Other than that, the Riviera is a perfectly good place to be! Have a great time!

We have been on the Splendor 2x & another upcoming cruise and we have only booked OV cabins, midship on both Riviera and Main decks. We didn't hear any noise on the Riviera deck. On the main deck we were near the forward elevators. We thought we would hear noise from the Atrium, but we didn't. We are booked by the forward elevators again.

As a previous poster said, the OV cabins are larger than the balcony cabins. The reason is the extra footage is in the cabin as opposed to being the balcony.

If you book a cabin on the Main deck, check the deck plans since most of the cabins are under the galley and they will be noisier.

Archived