wine country b & B's

m steve

I can give you some links for B&B's in Australia.

Here they are:

http://www.babs.com.au/index.html

http://www.beautifulaccommodation.com/nsw.html

http://www.lanierbb.com/South_Pacific/Australia/New_South_Wales/Wollombi_Hunter_Valley/

http://www.huntertourism.com.au/

I hope you find something amongst these sites. You will enjoy the Hunter Valley. It is an easy drive north of Sydney.

Jennie

I'm not sure if this is quite the area you're looking for or not.

We stayed in a lovely B&B & small winery last January. Their specialty is dessert wine. It's called the Tizzana Winery and it's in the Hawkesbury Region about an hour's drive to the Blue Mountains. They only have 2 bedrooms, each one with private bath. Our room opened out to a private verandah. Couple that own it are fabulous cooks and very lovely people. The place is beautiful. Have a look: http://www.tizzana.com.au

Jane

Hi Steve,

So you really like this cruising thing. Do you still have one planned for the Caribbean again next year too? Did you ever hear anything back about our donation in Grenada?

We are doing a 3 week, self organized trip to AU in late Sept. We did a cruise there (plus NZ) a few years ago and want to go back to see more in AU. We will be staying at number of B+ B's throughout the country but not in the Hunter Valley. Our wine country trip will include the Barossa Valley and the Adelaide Hills. We will be staying in Sydney for a three nights and from there do a side trip to the Blue Mts., by train I think. Then its on to Port Douglas, Darwin area, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Great Ocean Road and Melbourne. I know you will have a great time!

Happy Cruising,

Janet

Hi Steve,

So you really like this cruising thing. Do you still have one planned for the Caribbean again next year too? Did you ever hear anything back about our donation in Grenada?

We are doing a 3 week, self organized trip to AU in late Sept. We did a cruise there (plus NZ) a few years ago and want to go back to see more in AU. We will be staying at number of B+ B's throughout the country but not in the Hunter Valley. Our wine country trip will include the Barossa Valley and the Adelaide Hills. We will be staying in Sydney for a three nights and from there do a side trip to the Blue Mts., by train I think. Then its on to Port Douglas, Darwin area, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Great Ocean Road and Melbourne. I know you will have a great time!

Happy Cruising,

Janet

Janet,

In the Adelaide Hills, I highly recommend staying in Mt. Lofty House. It was just fabulous. Barossa Valley is fabulous. Visit Saltram winery and have lunch there. We had them ship a case of wine back to us in the states and it was very reasonably priced. If you can get your hands on any black sparkling shiraz, grab it!

DH and I are headed to Australia this Feb. for our 6th visit.

Jane

Never heard a word fro them. Really disappointed. I guesb they reallydon't care that they did:eek:nt get hundreds of dollars to steal. I fault Princess for not letting us put something inthe newsletter but maybe the Granadians don't show any appreciation forwhatever they did get. I'll be less interested in helping people the next time and help find better land trips. Grenada was an erxpensive disaster after we left the ship and tried to find a nice beach restaurant and some shopping. It won't be on any future cruise that I take.

Thanks for the suggestions Jane. We have booed a stay at Adelaide Hills Country Cottages. They have a two bedroom cottage that shoud be just right for us and the other couple we are traveling with. I will look for the sparkeling wine! You and Aussie Gal have been giving some great suggestions and help. I know we will have a great 3 weeks.

Janet

Thanks for the suggestions Jane. We have booed a stay at Adelaide Hills Country Cottages. They have a two bedroom cottage that shoud be just right for us and the other couple we are traveling with. I will look for the sparkeling wine! You and Aussie Gal have been giving some great suggestions and help. I know we will have a great 3 weeks.

Janet

Janet,

Thanks for the compliment. Glad to help.

Adelaide has a nice zoo, if your interested. Also there's a small german village nearby where you can get some nice pastries. If you pass Mt. Lofty House, it's a lovely place to go and have a drink and sit outdoors with magnificient views of the hills of Adelaide.

A great restaurant in Adelaide is Red Ochre.

Yes, you'll have a great three weeks and it'll go by in a blink!

Enjoy!

Jane

Archived