Posting pictures

hannahsmomtoo

Welcome back! No, I can't see the pic you just posted and I've never posted pics here before - I know, I'm a big help. lol Sorry to hear the weather wasn't all that great in the ports. I bet you still had a blast though. Can't wait to hear all about it. ;)

So....

you need to insert the picture. Use the little box with what looks like a mountain in it.... if this makes sense... lol. Once you click on that, a popup box will come up and you need to put the URL in that box. Hit ok and your picture should post.

So....

you need to insert the picture. Use the little box with what looks like a mountain in it.... if this makes sense... lol. Once you click on that, a popup box will come up and you need to put the URL in that box. Hit ok and your picture should post.

That's exactly what I am doing..

test...

PaKoY.jpg

Welcome back! No, I can't see the pic you just posted and I've never posted pics here before - I know, I'm a big help. lol Sorry to hear the weather wasn't all that great in the ports. I bet you still had a blast though. Can't wait to hear all about it. ;)

Thank you !!!!

Weather was crappy...but cruise was great....wish I could get the pics to work !!!

What I see above is all *******'s in the address of the picture. That probably means that the site that you have the pictures on is blocked by the forum software.

The easiest way to post pictures is to use Photobucket. Sign up for a free account if you don't have one and then upload the pictures. When you are looking at you album and put your cursor over a picture you'll see a small window come up with 4 links. Click on the link labeled IMG Code and it will automatically be copied to your computer's clipboard.

Then come here, type what you want, hit enter twice to leave a blank line and then paste the link that was copied. It already includes the IMG tags so you don't need to use the Insert Image button.

Then click after the picture and hit enter again to leave a blank line and then type more. Repeat for more pictures (up to 6 per post).

You can also post pictures that are on a Facebook account, bit it is a little more involved. When you are viewing a picture in FB (not the album) you have to right click and copy the picture address. The exact thing to select is different based on your browser, but it will be some thing like Copy Image Address. then when you want to insert the picture here you have to click on the Insert Image button above the compose window and paste the copied address into the box that pops up. then click OK and continue with your post or more pictures.

I hope that all makes sense.

Try doing exactly what you're doing except insert the picture directly from your computer's hard drive. Make the html code look like this: mypic.jpg

This won't work because the picture will still be on the OP's hard drive and not accessible to anyone else. The IGM tags just tell your browser where to go to find the picture to display. The picture has to be somewhere on the Internet so everyone can access it.

What I see above is all *******'s in the address of the picture. That probably means that the site that you have the pictures on is blocked by the forum software.

The easiest way to post pictures is to use Photobucket. Sign up for a free account if you don't have one and then upload the pictures. When you are looking at you album and put your cursor over a picture you'll see a small window come up with 4 links. Click on the link labeled IMG Code and it will automatically be copied to your computer's clipboard.

Then come here, type what you want, hit enter twice to leave a blank line and then paste the link that was copied. It already includes the IMG tags so you don't need to use the Insert Image button.

Then click after the picture and hit enter again to leave a blank line and then type more. Repeat for more pictures (up to 6 per post).

You can also post pictures that are on a Facebook account, bit it is a little more involved. When you are viewing a picture in FB (not the album) you have to right click and copy the picture address. The exact thing to select is different based on your browser, but it will be some thing like Copy Image Address. then when you want to insert the picture here you have to click on the Insert Image button above the compose window and paste the copied address into the box that pops up. then click OK and continue with your post or more pictures.

I hope that all makes sense.

okI will look at both .. photobucket is one I have not tried, and I already have them all one facebook so maybe that's the way to go.... Thank you !

ok so I have uploaded all my pictures to a photohosting site.. so they each have a url associated with them.. but when I add them to a post they show up as the little box with a red "x" inside? help !

Are you on Facebook? From FB, you can just right click the picture, copy, then paste into your thread on CC.

It's really quite easy that way. Last review I did Photobucket and it seemed like more work.

Good luck!

Jenn

This won't work because the picture will still be on the OP's hard drive and not accessible to anyone else. The IGM tags just tell your browser where to go to find the picture to display. The picture has to be somewhere on the Internet so everyone can access it.

You're right, Ron. I thought CC might do some sort of import if she did it that way. Since I've never uploaded a picture to CC, I will defer from making any more "helpful" comments. lol ;)

Archived