Sold Out Excursions (Online)

Ships R Great

It's not clear if the lack of excursion offerings is due to a web problem or the marketing/tour department woefully underestimated for tours. We have zero excursions at any port on our 10/27 TA on the eclipse.

They generally hold back some seats, but there is no way to know. If you call celebrity you will get a choice of a) they are all full; b) we would be glad to do it for you manually; c) what excursions? Take your pick....and if you don't like the first answer, just call back and you'll likely get one of the others. Do you sense a bit of frustration on my part with celebrity HQ?

you can usually find comparable tours for a better price from local vendors check the boards here or tripadvisor, I don't think I would book a tour thru the cruiseline unless I was in a really odd port.

I watched a documentary on cruise lines on Netflix they interviewed staff and people on Norwegian Cruise line they said that tours are a major profit center and they get about 40% of the cost of the tour and the rest goes to the operator. They also said that the ship at about 85-90% full with one rainy day in port cancelling tours resulted in the week long cruise being a wash as far as profit went.

Archived