2014 Pricing / Choice Air - Question for Bill

cpgrneyes

Is it too soon to know if Choice Air will be an option (with the discount) for 2014 Europe? Also, you mentioned that pricing will be going up in November. Is this for the previously published 2013 sailings only, or for the newly released 2014 itineraries? It would be a little strange to have released 2014 pricing only for it to be out of date in 30 days.

We are excited about the new enhancements, but it is a little challenging to do true pricing so far out with these unknowns.

Thanks!

I have a similar question as well - We have a 7 day picked out for 2014 - If I book now will I be able to take advantage of any of the specials released later? Like free upgrade from Oceanview to Balcony or Choice Air promotions or am I locked in at the current rate? We're ready to book today..

Is it too soon to know if Choice Air will be an option (with the discount) for 2014 Europe? Also, you mentioned that pricing will be going up in November. Is this for the previously published 2013 sailings only, or for the newly released 2014 itineraries? It would be a little strange to have released 2014 pricing only for it to be out of date in 30 days.

We are excited about the new enhancements, but it is a little challenging to do true pricing so far out with these unknowns.

Thanks!

I have a similar question as well - We have a 7 day picked out for 2014 - If I book now will I be able to take advantage of any of the specials released later? Like free upgrade from Oceanview to Balcony or Choice Air promotions or am I locked in at the current rate? We're ready to book today..

Right now they are saying "yes", BUT, telling us we have to pay the prevailing rate.

We were assured last year onboard that if the sailings for 2013 had the Choice Air promo added we would be eligible. At no time were we told that our entire cruise would be re-priced to the prevailing rate.

On top of this, they just hung up on our agent.

Thanks!

Hello Cpgrneyes -

I'm pleased that you're excited about the new enhancements and thanks for sharing your opinion.

On November 1, 2012, the tariffs for both 2013 and 2014 voyages will be increased. I know that we'll offering ChoiceAir Specials on selected voyages in 2013 and I expect that we'll do so, on a tactical basis in 2014; however, I'll seek reconfirmation from our revenue planning manager. I will let you and other readers know what I've learned.

Thanks for your patience.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Jade13 I love you! but why wouldn't you tell them to contact Azamara and get it in writing rather than posting what happened a year ago?

This just happened today. But, we booked onboard last year.

We knew that Choice Air was available on cruises next year, but never thought there would be an issue because air is not yet available for cruises departing at the end of next year. The irony is that we had the code on our reservation last year, but booked air on our own because we were never told about Choice Air.

We were told we have to pay the increase just for the "right" to be able to book with the Choice Air promo, but we have no idea what the airfare will be since it is not yet available for booking.

Hello Jeremybe -

Thank you for considering an Azamara vacation in 2014 and for planning your voyage in advance.

Actually there are two types of pricing promotions that are introduced into the marketplace from time-to-time to stimulate new business – most of our general promotions will be honored for previous bookings; however, they are not automatically applied retroactively. If you or your travel agent discover a new Azamara promotion and meet the requirements, then you should contact our call center to have your booking adjusted. For example we're offering up to a $2,000 ChoiceAir credit on selected 2012 European voyages which would be honored if we were do the same promotion in 2014.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/2012-europe-program

The other type of promotion that is used, from time to time, is our three-day tactical "Sales." This offer is restricted to only “new bookings” and is usually launched much closer to the sailing dates of specific voyages that have been identified as trending below their revenue target and are available for a limited time.

The best way to receive the latest promotional Azamara information is register on our website to receive emails. http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/

Our Home page features a box on the lower right-hand corner named, "Receive Special Offers." Simply insert your email address and you'll be directed to a template to add your information. Please note that there are two choices: 1) "Email me special offers and news from Azamara Club Cruises" or 2) "Please have an Expert Azamara Travel Partner contact me about Special Offers" which will connect you with our official third-party travel agent partner.

We're looking forward to welcoming you onboard!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

This just happened today. But, we booked onboard last year.

We knew that Choice Air was available on cruises next year, but never thought there would be an issue because air is not yet available for cruises departing at the end of next year. The irony is that we had the code on our reservation last year, but booked air on our own because we were never told about Choice Air.

We were told we have to pay the increase just for the "right" to be able to book with the Choice Air promo, but we have no idea what the airfare will be since it is not yet available for booking.

Hello Jade13 -

I'm sorry that you've run into this hurdle and I'll be posting my response on the "Pre-Paid Open Passages" thread.

Thanks for your patience during the process.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

To: Bill Leiber

I followed your link above to receive emails from Azamara. I checked the box that said that I HAVE a travel agent. Less than 15 minutes later this message showed up in my INBOX.

Hi Toni,

I am the Azamara Club Cruises Customer Concierge at Avoya Travel™ / American Express and was asked by Azamara Club Cruises that I follow up with you on your recent request. I have assembled an elite team of Azamara Club Cruise Experts dedicated to providing any information and answer any questions that you might have, either via phone call or e-mail, which ever you'd prefer.

In the meantime, I would like to make you aware of some great promotions that Azamara Club Cruises is currently running. If you are interested in hearing about the special rates and discounts, feel free to give my team a call at 888-871-6212 or e-mail me at Alex.Powers@AvoyaTravel.com.

Bill, I'm very happy with my travel agent and don't want unsolicited email from Avoya. I thought this situation had been dealt with already.

To: Bill Leiber

I followed your link above to receive emails from Azamara. I checked the box that said that I HAVE a travel agent. Less than 15 minutes later this message showed up in my INBOX.

Bill, I'm very happy with my travel agent and don't want unsolicited email from Avoya. I thought this situation had been dealt with already.

Hello Tgg -

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The system was programmed so that you were not to be contacted by Avoya and I'll check into this operation shortfall to have it corrected.

Previously on this thread, I directed "Jeremybe" to our home page to sign-up at the "Receive Special Offers" box at the lower right-hand corner with these instructions in order to disclose the following:

"Simply insert your email address and you'll be directed to a template to add your information. Please note that there are two choices: 1) "Email me special offers and news from Azamara Club Cruises" or 2) "Please have an Expert Azamara Travel Partner contact me about Special Offers" which will connect you with our official third-party travel agent partner."

I'm sorry this occurred and because of your effort we'll get this problem fixed.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Archived