CruisesUndercover UK TV progam (the full show)

CruiseImage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyMIsCTU418

For those cruisers around the world wondering what us UK folk have been talking about for the past week or so, here's the link to the FULL 30 min show, shown on UK's Channel4 last night (1st Oct 2012)

It wasn't really up to much (IMHO) and doesn't change my view of X being my fave cruise line... :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyMIsCTU418

For those cruisers around the world wondering what us UK folk have been talking about for the past week or so, here's the link to the FULL 30 min show, shown on UK's Channel4 last night (1st Oct 2012)

It wasn't really up to much (IMHO) and doesn't change my view of X being my fave cruise line... :cool:

Yes I watched this but I was already aware that staff wages for those on the lowest pay scales were around $50 per month. What surprised me was that some were forced to pay for additional staff out of their own pocket in order to complete their tasks.

I think their needs to be proper regulation and inspections (unannounced) instead of the current bare minimum as I believe that to work 10 months without a single day off is unacceptable as is to attend training sessions in your own time.

I don't believe Celebrity is alone in this; it's pretty much an industry-wide practice it would seem, but it doesn't make it right. By all means pay people a derisory amount; the labour market will determine whether the posts are filled but at least treat your staff well whilst in your employment.

Archived