A few Miracle Questions

Zeke3

Gearing up for our Miracle cruise in August and have used the search function for answers to questions. Found many answers but I have a few outstanding (for now, anyway - I'm sure there may be more later).

Here we go-

What deck do we embark and disembark from at Tampa and the various ports? Does it make a difference if it is a tender port?

Does anyone recall where the laundry rooms were located on the Empress deck?

Stupid question coming! I thought how cool it is that we can grab food on the Lido deck and take it to our room. But what do we do with the dishes once we are done? Do we take them back up to Lido or will our room steward take care of them for us? Is there a place on our deck to place them? I don't mind taking the dishes back if that is the requirement.

Thank you so much for eveyone's input on these boards. I have gathered so much information from reading these boards. Hopefully I will have something to offer when we return from our trip.

If the ship is in port at Tampa (not being blocked by a tanker in the channel) you'll embark onto Deck 2 midship (after your photo is taken, and you've ascended the ramp). If not, you'll be driven to where the Miracle is berthed, and processed at a location just outside the midship entrance to A Deck (the lowermost location). There are elevators right there, and you'll have no problem getting to your stateroom. Incidentally, if this is the case, you won't be able to get to your cabin until approximately 2:00 p.m., since everything will have to be taken to the ship from the terminal.

The only difference between tendering and docking is the A Deck location of departure/arrival. You'll be at midship for the former, forward for the latter.

Check your deck plans for laundry room locations. You can find it on the Carnival website.

As for dirty dishes, you have two options: leave them in the room for the stweard to remove, or place them outside your stateroom ... somewhow they mysteriously disappear. We just leave them on the vanity. Sure, you can take them up to the Lido Deck, but it's not necessary.

It's a nice ship ... have a great cruise!

Al

The laundry on the Empress deck (6) is located in the forward section of the ship. When you get on ship, they will give you a small pocket size layout of the entire deck plan. I kept it with me at all times. I usually have a pretty good sense of direction but my husband is hard headed and I had to prove to him several times that I knew where we were going. It cut down on arguements.

Have a great time! Nana

I have left my dishes in the hall next to the door. (mostly because if I leave something on the desk the cabin steward thinks we are keeping it and it stays.) room service comes around and picks up dishes from each floor.

I remember embarkation on deck 1 (locatedforward) you meet in the lounge for tenders if you are doing a ship sponsered excursion then leave from the steps right out the show lounge.

all informationwill be in your capers.

Dining room on the Miracle wasnt open on port days--or maybe i just didnt pay myuch attention.

Breakfast is not all morning but set hours. You will be seated with other people= not at your table. You get walked to your table that is open. Dining room opens at 8am until 10:30 on sea days and opens at 7am on Port days.

Lido buffet has everything you could want for breakfast.

You will find that there is (I think) a better variety of food offered for breakfast on the Lido deck. It is also much quicker service, especially on port days. they open early and if you have to leave the ship or board a tender for one of the first tours, you can finish quickly.

HI, just wanted to let you know we are sailing on the miracle that day also! Can"t wait. Maybe we will bump inot each other.

I know- I responded to your post on the roll call board. Sounds like we will both have teens on board. Now if only time would speed up a bit!

Archived