Grand Circle Dining Question

ChevyCruiser

I'm pretty sure that means that dinner starts at 6:00 pm and open seating just means that you can sit at any table that you want.

I have been on 10 river cruises, 4 of them were with GCT, and have never been to a dinner that allowed people to come in whenever they wanted.

On all of my GCT river cruises dinner started a 7 PM and everyone was expected then. It is open seating meaning no table reservations. Many travelers line up early to get the table they want. This have caused problems at times where one person would sit a table for eight and save the rest of the seats. I travel as a single and like large tables and there are usually only four tables for eight on each ship. The majority of the table seat six with a few seating four.

On all of my GCT river cruises dinner started a 7 PM and everyone was expected then. It is open seating meaning no table reservations. Many travelers line up early to get the table they want. This have caused problems at times where one person would sit a table for eight and save the rest of the seats. I travel as a single and like large tables and there are usually only four tables for eight on each ship. The majority of the table seat six with a few seating four.

This just happened to us last month on our Russian trip. On our Elbe trip we had a very nice mix of travelers sit at the larger table; fun meeting so many others at dinner. Our Russian trip also had a couple table for 2 which we have never encountered on a GCT boat before.

Archived