Door Decorations & Signs

trvlhorse

Since the ships I have been on have metal doors (they probably all do) I buy some type of cute magnet typical of the area we are sailing in or to. Example in the Caribbean I put a big smiling sun magnet on the door. In Alaska, I had a magnet that was a snow-covered mountain. Makes finding your cabin even easier - never having to look for cabin number.:D

The sign above the cabin # says Cruise Critic and our login names, the sign under the door we changed each day - it has the date, the port we are in (or "At Sea") and different pictures representing the port or shipboard activities:D

When we were on the Wonder (Disney), I learned from their boards that you can buy magnet sheets that go through the computer printer at Walmart. We did this to make personalized magnets for our cabin door. It made a nice souvenir, and not only made it easy to find our door, but I overheard someone say that she looked for the "stickers" to locate her cabin!

We usually have balloons on the door for some special occasion. This trip it will be our Anniversary on the day we leave Whittier. Last time we taped a Canadian flag to our door for Canada Day but somebody swiped it. :-b

I am sure my DW will come up with something cutsie for this trip.

one year we had a contest! everyone tried to outdue the other people in the group! it got pretty funny, the winners were never decided because the doors were so good!

just do a search on posts about door decorating and you will find some ideas

We spent Xmas on board Sapphire last year and our door was fully decorated. We had the stocking and xmas decorations and also had decorations when we did our wedding vows renewal. It was great hearing all the comments from passengers walking by. Have fun with it and go to town. You only have the one chance so make the most of it. We did . Blue Tac worked well for us and doesnt take the paint off. Also remember to take photos of the decorations.Karen

I just did a door decoration for my moms 60th birthday on the Coral Princess --"no problem" with them allowing it--our cabin steward even added balloons in the doorway, same with my in-Laws room, they filled out that it was their anniversary and the steward put out anniversary balloons, back to the door decorations...I held it up with "fun tack" from the craft store that way tape didn't get stuck to the door, and the magnets were great --you can buy the magnet paper at any office store, for my In-Laws door I just made a bunch of tropical fish, for our door I made each port of call in different colors and different lettering..then put them in a circle around the peep hole ....then made a cruise ship and each day would move the ship around to the ports we were heading to. It was fun....but then someone stole my whole door.

We looked all over on other doors and never found them.

But anyway you can have alot of fun with the doors and I think they don't mind as long as you clean it up at the end....I feel if to many people start using tape and other stuff that dosen't come off then there might be proplems...

have fun would like to see some pictures of what others have done.

Archived