Back from Caribbean Princess Eastern

princesscay

Best vacation of our lives.

We're so spoiled. I ate more than i should

have but couldn't help it :p

Pizza was the best i ever ate in my life!

Can't wait to try it again. It melted in

my mouth. Never had a pizza do that

before!:D

Movies Under the Stars was an AMAZING

experience. Best movie experience of

our lives. They brought us popcorn and

gave us blankets. Right under the moon!

Greatest crew. Professional and attentive

more later....

we went to the dining room 3 times (personal

choice) and the first time we just walked

in. no problem.

friday nite was our anniversary and we

had a reservation for 7pm. food was GREAT!

wow! desserts great too!!! we said we'll do

more dining room next year!

we also had lunch there too. very good.

but the buffets were awesome too. but you

cant eat buffets all day every day. so we're

gonna break it up more next year. more

dining.

we had aloha 603. balcony. awesome. we're

having the same room next year too.

we took 167 pics. i want to post them when

i have time.

the staff/crew were excellent. i have never

seen people work so hard. and they were

right there for you too. it was the most

relaxing time of my entire life!:cool:

more to come

Princesscay, I am enjoying your answers to some of the questions. I can't wait for your review. We have always cruised on Celebrity and next year we are booked on the Caribbean Princess. There are a few small details that bother me about Princess. My husband takes medicine and would like water (not bottled) in our room, will the room steward gives us a pitcher or do we have to get this every time we need water from room service? I have heard that you have to have your luggage outside your door by 5 pm. and not midnight like other ships????? I hope you can answer these questions for me. Thank you in advance.

Princesscay, I am enjoying your answers to some of the questions. I can't wait for your review. We have always cruised on Celebrity and next year we are booked on the Caribbean Princess. There are a few small details that bother me about Princess. My husband takes medicine and would like water (not bottled) in our room, will the room steward gives us a pitcher or do we have to get this every time we need water from room service? I have heard that you have to have your luggage outside your door by 5 pm. and not midnight like other ships????? I hope you can answer these questions for me. Thank you in advance.

Riba:

We were on the CB in April. We didn't get any of our luggage out until after 10:00 p.m. and there was no problem. Many people did have some of their luggage out as early as 5:00.

Happy cruising!

Alice

Princesscay- sounds like you had a great time! We're booked for next year and can't wait! We were assigned A602 (on the other side from your's) and looks great, but I was a bit concerned because it looks like there is a hallway door right next to this doorway - do you think this will make any problems relative to noise, etc?

A few other questions: How was access to stair/elevators from A601? Were there long waits for elevators? Room service - how extensive? Could you get hot breakfasts and full lunch/dinners? Balcony size adequate? Buffets - whats types of seafood were available? Any other hints for us?

Thanks!

Hi princesscay :)

Glad you had a great time. I too will be patiently waiting for your pictures and review. We are cruising on Princess for the first time next year. We are actually sailing on the CP on May 27th. We may pass each other on the gangway :cool: Make sure you leave some food and good times for us :)

Look for a server named UMA up on the Lido Deck. He's Indian, and very polite. His is the only name I remember, except for perhaps, Andrew, a Polish or Romanian waiter in the Palm Dining Room and a server upstairs named Dennis. We were on the Caribbean Princess last September and had a great time. We didn't detect any noise in the hall except for some late night revelers passing by once or twice.MUTS was great. I really enjoyed that concept and got to see some old movies that had passed me by (E.T, Jurassic Park), but also caught glimpses of Finding Nemo, and a Tina Turner Concert, and DID watch Oceans Eleven. Even saw Monday Night Football!

I watched Shrek 2 in the Explorer's Lounge when we were kept out a couple of extra days due to Hurricane Jeanne. We ate up in the Horizon Buffet a lot, especially for breakfast and an afternoon snack, and actually did the first formal night up in the Caribe Cafe-informally- had a nice window seat, wonderful one on one service from Dennis, fine bottle of wine and a beautiful sunset. It was relaxing and a nice memory.

I hope you all enjoy your cruises. I never had a substantial reason to complain about any of mine. When you see the CB Princess in port the first time, you'll go "WOW". Lynne

Princesscay -- Hello!!!! We were on the same sailing (as you know from the roll call) but never managed to meet up with any CC'rs.....alas...had hands full with our own group organization.

That said....we also had a WONDERFUL cruise. I am also working on a review. We got married before we sailed. Did traditional late dining......this used to work for me. Sadly, I almost passed out (from exhaustion/sun/tired) by the time we finished each night....we were regularly the LAST table to go. Fabulous waiter/asst -- Jose and Simon. Also, the head waiter Daniel was EXTREMELY helpful and accomodating to our group.....he truly went above and beyond -- they even had a special dish prepared at one of our guest's request and had it served one night. I thought that was truly wonderful. (Well, I didn't think the food was, but those who liked the dish -- Osubucko or something like that -- found it divine!)

We missed our MUTS reservation but did manage to see Raiders of the Lost Ark, a bit of the Wiz of Oz and some other daytime stuff. It was fun.

We also had an Aloha balcony - A704 -- you were just down the hall from my new in-laws -- they were in A705. Everyone loved the balconies (esp those in our group who had picked inside!!!) ha.

To help answer some questions: ELEVATORS ARE SO SLOW on most every ship I've ever been on. I am young and mostly healthy. I prefer the stairs. Sadly, my group insisted on elevators. We would race. It took forever to get an elevator. But by the end of the trip, we had sore tushies from a combination of horseback riding, jet skiing and banana boat riding and we had a guest with a broken toe.....so the elevator became a necesary evil. I was worried that being right by the entrance to the elevator/stairs would be noisy. Wasn't ever really a problem. (But we played hard and slept hard too, so I may have not heard a hurricane or a fog horn in my ear!)

SEAFOOD: on buffet first day -- tons of shrimp and lots of other stuff -- salmon, I think some crab claws. Crawfish maybe? We paused picture taking to eat at the buffet -- I just piled on the shrimp and cocktail sauce and thanked god I didn't spill it on my wedding dress!!!

Other days: There was some sushi on the buffet -- nothing terribly exciting or adventurous, but passasble.

In Dining Room: Other than the last night when I finally ordered prime rib, I had fish 5 nights and the prawns the sixth. ALL were very good flavor and texture. Good variety of types of fish as well.

RIBA -- Re: Water -- we had a pitcher of ice/water in our fridge at all times. (In addition to bottled water options) It was very nice.

Another tip -- request the fresh fruit bowl. Good pick me up after returning to room on a port day!

I got the soda sticker -- definitely got money's worth. :-) Learned to say "HUGE diet coke" and they'd bring the largest glasses out -- saved them the eventual trip for the refill and made me happy! Never really used the provided coke container for it -- used it for ice water in the room!

The balconies were nice. It was weird though to be able to see directly down onto other's balconies (We were on aloha). Also, our neighbor peered around (only once) which startled me, but all in all balconies were nice for sitting. No room for lounger on Aloha, but totally covered.

Something unexpectedly fun -- a couple of us girls painted some ceramics. It was a nice diversion -- outside but still in shade, and a neat souvenier. I think it was 20.00 for 4 coasters. Other options too.

We have literally thousands of pictures from this trip. I am weeding them out and will post the crem de la crem when I get to that point.

Highlights of our trip -- We took a private tour with Godfrey's in St T -- had his brother/cousin "Tony" -- excellent guide. Could not have asked for a better visit. He is very persuasive when it comes to staying in St T. :-)

In St. M we wore ourselves OUT. Did a two hour horseback ride through Lucky Stables (reservations required). It was much more of an adventure than we bargained for, but fun. The horses were much more spirited than the usual trail horse, I suspect.....all good fun.

ANOTHER TIP: You can catch a "bus" in St. M for 1.00 p/p.....they are little vans with BUS as the first three letters of their license plate. Easy to flag down, and cheaper than cabs. We took them between Lucky and the restaurant we went to -- "Pineapple Pete" -- very nearby, and some cute shops by there (also Rhino Riders is by there)....then another bus to Kim Sha beach and Westport Watersports for a jetski snorkel tour. (FUN!!!!!! We just jetskiied b/c it was rainy and not so great for snorkelling, but we saw a BUNCH of the island and just had a blast speeding around) Then a taxi back to downtown for some quickie shopping (6 p/p taxi -- had 7 in group) and back to the ship (3.00 p/p taxi again)

I'd love to see your pics too, Princesscay!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. Last year on the Carnival Pride, we were allowed to take our own luggage out the day we left the ship. Can you do that on the Caribbean Princess too? It was great! We were out and in a cab in a flash!

Archived