Palo brunch or dinner?

rowlady

I am thinking of trying Palo while sailing on the Magic in a few weeks but the info shows it is a "romantic" atmosphere. I am traveling with a close girlfriend this time (without husbands) and wonder if it is mostly couples who dine there at dinner. Would the brunch be more appropriate for 2 ladies? If it doesnt matter than I would love to hear which meal is your favorite for Palo and why. Thanks!

I am thinking of trying Palo while sailing on the Magic in a few weeks but the info shows it is a "romantic" atmosphere. I am traveling with a close girlfriend this time (without husbands) and wonder if it is mostly couples who dine there at dinner. Would the brunch be more appropriate for 2 ladies? If it doesnt matter than I would love to hear which meal is your favorite for Palo and why. Thanks!

My preference is brunch. I didn't care for the dinner. At dinner the lighting and general ambiance does make it more of a "couples" kind of dining experience. That being said, certainly, you can go to dinner with your friend. Some people have dined in Palo as a solo diner.

At bruch, it a bit more fancy garden party. And since it's light out, you have more of a view out the windows.

:)

We did both brunch and dinner. I preferred the brunch. My husband chose the Chicken Parmesan and he let me try a bite. We both agreed that it was the best Chicken Parmesan we ever had. We told our head server we were going back to Palo for our anniversary and he recommended the lamb. I don't like lamb but my husband does. He ordered the lamb and said it was excellent. We saw groups of people (6 or more) both times we went to Palo. It is not just for couples and you won't feel awkward with friends. One woman got a personal tour of the food by the chef. When we asked her why she said she had dietary restrictions so the chef was showing her which foods were okay for her to eat! We were very impressed.

You should treat yourself to both...they are different experiences, but equally excellent all the way around. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable at all having dinner at Palo with a girlfriend. I hope you get to go to both and you have a fantastic cruise!:)

I'm a married female, and I would love having a quiet, relaxing dinner with a girlfriend at Palo's...It would the perfect place for a good conversation with good wine and food. I cruised with my 21 year old daughter several years ago, and the two of us had a wonderful meal. it was a perfect night and was good for mother/ daughter bonding too. Go with your friend for dinner. It's awesome.

You can do brunch too, but IMO brunch is a completely different experience. the food is good, but I'm just not a fan of buffets and prefer a quiet, peaceful dinner.:)

You should treat yourself to both...they are different experiences, but equally excellent all the way around. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable at all having dinner at Palo with a girlfriend. I hope you get to go to both and you have a fantastic cruise!:)

My thoughts exactly! I've done but definitely enjoyed dinner more..but I say try both and decide. they are definitely worth the up charge..:)

My DD, 23, and I enjoyed Palo brunch and dinner last week. Out of our amazing week on the Fantasy with two great excursions and a beautiful Castaway Cay day, the highlight for us was Palo dinner. We didn't feel out of place at brunch or dinner.

Archived