Dawn Pool - Give it to me straight....

elektrawmn

We'll be on the Dawn for Thanksgiving. I know there is only 1 pool on the Dawn (besides the kiddie TRex, :rolleyes: on second thought... LOL) and I know there will be a full ship... how crowded does it REALLY get? Is it a situation where if you're not there at 7am with sunscreen in hand you might as well not bother? I was on Carnival a few years ago during Thanksgiving and even though it was sold out and the pool area was kinda small, it was manageable and we could at LEAST find a table or something to sit at...

Thanks for the input! :D

We'll be on the Dawn for Thanksgiving. I know there is only 1 pool on the Dawn (besides the kiddie TRex, :rolleyes: on second thought... LOL) and I know there will be a full ship... how crowded does it REALLY get? Is it a situation where if you're not there at 7am with sunscreen in hand you might as well not bother? I was on Carnival a few years ago during Thanksgiving and even though it was sold out and the pool area was kinda small, it was manageable and we could at LEAST find a table or something to sit at...

We were on the Dawn in August and it was a full ship with lots of families. We were able to find chairs to sit every day but the first sea day. By the afternoon we did find some chairs though. We did not have to sit next to the pool however. We were able to sit in the stadium seating that overlooked the pool area. We usually needed two or three chairs so this worked. I suppose if you had to have several chairs next to each other than this would be more difficult. We do not save chairs and actually were surprised at how easy it was to find a place to sit and enjoy the sea and the sun as this has not been our experience in the past.

I was on Dawn recently and had no problem finding chairs. However, the pool is VERY small for the size of the ship and full of people (bumping into each other). It was nasty and dirty. I think they closed the pool one afternoon. I put my feet in once and that was enough. We did cruise in Sept to Bermuda, so there were not a lot of families/kids.

If you have to sun poolside you get to fight the chair hogs. That said there are plenty of loungers, on the terraced area, usually open tables in the shade, loungers up on deck 12 overlooking the pool, and even better deck 13 forward with its own hot tub.

never had any issues finding chairs, but we stuck with the deck immediately above and overlooking the pool. It's my favorite spot o the Dawn and the bartenders that recognized us from previous cruises even commented how we were still 'in the same place!'

The pool however, got real crowded!!!

Have NEVER found it to be dirty, however, if you get a lot of people in any pool, all greased up with sunblock, it does murk the water up.

Dawn is a sister to the Star I believe. The pool is tiny compared to any cruise line pool I have seen before but was still able to get in daily with no problem.

As for the seats we had to go to the back of the ship and up a deck to find any on sea days.

Bill

Archived