Purchasing wifi onboard

how do I go about purchasing wifi for our cabin on Freedom of the seas? I'll need internet to access my business emails when we're on the ship from Sunday.

I know what the costs are, just unsure how we go about purchasing it. Do we do this at customer services?

Just came off the Freedom last Sunday. Internet access is easy. The computers are located on the 8th deck. Click on the e-mail screen and it will take you to the setup. You create a userid and password, then choose your package. Can't remember if you swipe your seapass before or after. If you have any problems, head straight to Guest Relations and they will credit airtime. This happened to me after creating my id. It froze and wouldn't let me go any further or log out. They credited me the minutes used - make sure you get the computer number for them. My husband stayed with the computer while I went down. After that, we accessed the internet from my husband's laptop. It was much faster than the computers provided.

Big Tip for saving money - Use Microsoft Outlook to access your e-mail. We used Live web-based e-mail and it was easy to set up in Outlook. Do this before leaving home. This way you can download your e-mail. (Make sure the Log on screen stays on while downloading.) Log out after the download. Then you can work on e-mail. It will go to the outbox. Then, Log back on and it should send. This save us tons of $$$$.

You should be able to just do it off your own device. Just turn on your device and try and access the web and the service should come up. This should give you all the internet plans available.

Don't forget to log out after your done with your session to stop the clock, had a person traveling with me on the last cruise she didn't know and when she tried to use the net again all her minutes were gone..It should be based on data instead of time :mad:

You should be able to just do it off your own device. Just turn on your device and try and access the web and the service should come up.

You can only do this after you have set up an account on one of the computers on board. You have to established a User ID and Password before you can use any personal device.

You can only do this after you have set up an account on one of the computers on board. You have to established a User ID and Password before you can use any personal device.

Oh my mistake, I thought for sure I just set mine up on my Ipad last cruise (Carnival). I probably just added minutes on the Ipad after I set it up on the ships computer...

Oh my mistake, I thought for sure I just set mine up on my Ipad last cruise (Carnival). I probably just added minutes on the Ipad after I set it up on the ships computer...

Yeap... you have to swipe your seapass card at one of their terminals so they have your billing info.

Archived