Fascination or Ecstasy?

hannahsmomtoo

Looking at 5 day Bahamas for 09/2013...

Any opinions as to which ship is better?

Haven't been on the Ectasy....but went on the Facination last January and liked it so much we went back again in April. And plan on booking another this Jan/Feb.

It's a smaller, older ship but is in great shape, well maintained...and a great crew!

We had a great time on the Ecstacy 5 day Bahamas- Freeport, Nassau, and HMC! It was my first cruise so nothing to compare it to, but we thought the ship was very nice, excellent staff, our wait staff was super awesome, rooms kept super clean, other guests were great. Going on a different ship this year because we want to do a 7-day and try out some other ships, but would definitely cruise the Ecstacy again if it worked out for us!

We had a great time on the Ecstacy 5 day Bahamas- Freeport, Nassau, and HMC! It was my first cruise so nothing to compare it to, but we thought the ship was very nice, excellent staff, our wait staff was super awesome, rooms kept super clean, other guests were great. Going on a different ship this year because we want to do a 7-day and try out some other ships, but would definitely cruise the Ecstacy again if it worked out for us!

That is the 5 day we are looking at ... Thanks !

That is the 5 day we are looking at ... Thanks !

We honestly did not mean one rude person the whole trip! We were a group of 6 girls, had 2 oceanview cabins. Maybe we just werent looking for it, but we really did not encounter any rude behavior or unruly children as Ive seen complaints about on all the ships. Id definitely recommend to anyone cruising, do the set time dining if you can! Its great to get to know your wait staff and those at the surrounding tables. (We had a table for just the 6 of us, but we sort of made friends with a few from surrounding tables.) The Ecstacy was a great time!

We honestly did not mean one rude person the whole trip! We were a group of 6 girls, had 2 oceanview cabins. Maybe we just werent looking for it, but we really did not encounter any rude behavior or unruly children as Ive seen complaints about on all the ships. Id definitely recommend to anyone cruising, do the set time dining if you can! Its great to get to know your wait staff and those at the surrounding tables. (We had a table for just the 6 of us, but we sort of made friends with a few from surrounding tables.) The Ecstacy was a great time!

We did Your time dining.. but requested the same waitstaff each night and had the same experience ...

Thanks for all the info.. I think it's next on my list !

Variety is the spice of life. I can't tell you which to choose but can only give my own experience.

Our party of 4 adults hated the Ecstasy, it's long winded but lots of things added to it. I would sail Carnival again probably but not the Ecstasy and we live about 50 minutes from where it sails.

Variety is the spice of life. I can't tell you which to choose but can only give my own experience.

Our party of 4 adults hated the Ecstasy, it's long winded but lots of things added to it. I would sail Carnival again probably but not the Ecstasy and we live about 50 minutes from where it sails.

With the lineup of ships under your name, Ecstasy is not in their league. Ecstasy is my favorite.

With the lineup of ships under your name, Ecstasy is not in their league. Ecstasy is my favorite.

I realise it is not in the huge or luxury liner class and I would never compare it with those, what do you think it compares to across the board though?

Also discounting the other lines, what about the Legend against the Ecstasy as that is what I have to compare against or is that like comparing applies to bananas as well?

I realise it is not in the huge or luxury liner class and I would never compare it with those, what do you think it compares to across the board though?

Also discounting the other lines, what about the Legend against the Ecstasy as that is what I have to compare against or is that like comparing applies to bananas as well?

Ecstasy and other fantasy class ships serve their own purpose, an enjoyable cruise with things to do, relax, not over the top.

I've been on Liberty, but likely will stay with smaller ships for my getaways.

Ecstasy and other fantasy class ships serve their own purpose, an enjoyable cruise with things to do, relax, not over the top.

I've been on Liberty, but likely will stay with smaller ships for my getaways.

I can understand that as some of the new liners are huge.

And I hope the OP has a lovely trip, and can make their own mind up whichever they choose.

That doesn't give the OP information except you don't like it. The OP might like to know why:D

yes I would ( OP )

It is interesting that people either loved it or hated it.

Having only been on the Splendor.. I guess I don't know how to compare.. other than it has the ports I want.. and some good recent reviews :D

Archived