Medical Care on the Sun

PaulCM

Im due on the Sun 5/23 and have anumber of recurrent medical conditions for which I take medication. Princess have assured me that there are good facilities on board but I would like to hear of anyones experiences:confused:

The Princess cruise line has full fledged doctors and nurses on board all of their ships. They have a clinic that is like a mini emergency room.

I was scalded with hot coffee from another passenger on the Dawn Princess a few years ago. Their medical team did a great job of taking care of me. I work in the medical field and was provided with a tour of their facility. I was informed that if they had any "codes" on board the ship they were going to hunt me down and pull me into the action. :eek:

I was on the Sun Princess in March of this year and developed a fever and a sinus infection and I really felt bad. I went down to the medical facility onboard during their office hours and saw the senior doctor, Colin Cameron, from Scotland. I was given a nasal spray and antibiotics for 10 days. I am a nurse in Oregon and I have to say that I was quite impressed with the care I received on the Sun. The doctor was quite knowledgable and was very professional so you should have no concerns there. I would suggest that you have a travel insurance as a secondary insurance though. The visit was reasonable but the medication was very expensive. We had two people that had to be evacuated during our cruise and both of them did well afterwards.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Corinne

Archived