Early Saver ?....Sorry!!

GTO-Girl

We are booked ES in a cove balcony and I know we do not get a price drop if the "Pack & Go" rate is lower.

But can we get the price drop if the "Senior" Rate is lower, but right now is listed as a guarantee rate....... and NOT give up our selected room on our current booking? Would love the price drop but am unwilling to give up my room.

I know this has probably been answered before but I could not find the answer I needed.

Thanks everybody!!!

If you try to get a price drop compared to a guarantee room some will say it is not possible. I have found though that it has worked for me more than once.

I have always been willing to give up my room though. I just price matched to a military rate that was an inside guarantee. I thought they would make me switch rooms but I was allowed to keep the same room. Darn, I was wanting to go with the luck of the draw and maybe get a better one LOL.

I would not have ever price matched to a guarantee room though if I was not willing to give up my current room.

We are booked ES in a cove balcony and I know we do not get a price drop if the "Pack & Go" rate is lower.

But can we get the price drop if the "Senior" Rate is lower, but right now is listed as a guarantee rate....... and NOT give up our selected room on our current booking? Would love the price drop but am unwilling to give up my room.

I know this has probably been answered before but I could not find the answer I needed.

Thanks everybody!!!

2 questions - do you qualify for a senior rate? (55+). If yes, then you can match to that rate. Next, is it a senior guarantee rate? (it will not let you pick your cabin # on a mock booking). If that is the case, then don't try to match that unless you are willing to give up your cabin. Sometimes they will notify you and verify that you indeed want that rate, and are willing to give up your room, but not always. If you price match to any guarantee rate, you take a chance on losing your cabin.

2 questions - do you qualify for a senior rate? (55+). If yes, then you can match to that rate. Next, is it a senior guarantee rate? (it will not let you pick your cabin # on a mock booking). If that is the case, then don't try to match that unless you are willing to give up your cabin. Sometimes they will notify you and verify that you indeed want that rate, and are willing to give up your room, but not always. If you price match to any guarantee rate, you take a chance on losing your cabin.

Yes we do qualify for the Senior rate.......and no we don't want to give up our cabin.

Thanks for the clarification......:D

The normal procedure for price-matching any "guarantee" rate is that you have to give-up your cabin for a cabin in the TBA pool; a few have reported success in not having to giveup their cabin, but I'm not sure I'd take that chance. ken

Archived