Things you love about Costa

Blondie008

There is often a lot of negative vibes -

Thought it would be nice to remind ourselves of the things we DO love about Costa:

Off the top of my head:

Love that the MDR opens every day even when in port. Most of the cruiselines I have sailed with - only open the buffet for lunch whereas Costa - do a full service lunch in the MDR daily - port or at sea - makes no odds. But warning to newbies - DO check your Today programme as lunch times in the MDR do vary, some days it can open 11.30am, others 12 noon or 12.30 - so do check your Today programme.

LOVE Costa All Inclusive - Its a no brainer huh - at 19.5 euros per day - for quality drinks, decent wine, great cocktails and mocktails - I dont know any other line who makes cruising so affordable.

LOVE short port days - I am not one for spending all day at port - so for me - a short port day encourages me to get off ship for a couple of hours - and be back on to enjoy the rest of the day.

LOVE the smoking bars - yup - like it or not - can still smoke without being treated like a leper on Costa

Can think of loads of other things - but how about you - whats your favourite reasons for cruising with Costa?

On NeoR - in the bars - before dinner - waiters would bring around little trays of amuse bouche' - (not on Magica sadly - rice crackers, crisps and peanuts) - but on both ships - trays of midnight snacks - rather like Celebrity's - On NeoR - the waiters knew I was gluten free so would bring me the tomato and basil amuse bouche - was really nice!

On Magica one night - the waiter brought me a beautiful plate of chocolates - late on - in the piano bar - he heard me mention I wanted a sweet drink - brought me a White Russian and a yummy plate of chocolates - where he got them from I dont know - but they were lovely!

Archived