US and EU pricing

Blondie008

I have been on the phone to my friend today who is booking up through a US agent to be with us on our next cruise.

I am freaked at the price difference :eek:

Like 3k!!!

She is going to try and call London tomorrow and see what can be done

But why the unfair price difference?

Why the EU prices so much cheaper?

Anyone else from outside the EU - how did you go on pricing? What did you do to match the EU price if anything??

Even within Europe prices vary.

My sisiter lives in Italy, she would have had to pay double what we paid to join us on our next cruise.

At least in Germany, you have to live in Germany to be able to book with Costa Germany, they won´t accept bookings from anyone from another country...

I don´t know if that´s the same in UK or the US...

I have been on the phone to my friend today who is booking up through a US agent to be with us on our next cruise.

I am freaked at the price difference :eek:

Like 3k!!!

She is going to try and call London tomorrow and see what can be done

But why the unfair price difference?

Why the EU prices so much cheaper?

Anyone else from outside the EU - how did you go on pricing? What did you do to match the EU price if anything??

which ship/dates/#pax? i'll look and see what i can find.

which ship/dates/#pax? i'll look and see what i can find.

Thanks CTW - but they have the last suite on hold - it is now showing full on suites on all websites and with Costa worldwide.

My Uk agent has since agreed to take the booking if the US agent is unable to get that same price.To be honest - they were willing to pay it - I was kinda mad and said "NO WAY!" -

They wont be able to do flight and cruise package - but they usually fly into Europe a day early anyway so that shouldnt matter.

We're working on a 5 hour time difference but hopefully get it sorted tomorrow - meanwhile - they do have that last suite on hold -

I am just loathed to see them pay more than $3000 more than we did for same suite same cruise...

I just didnt realise that there could be such a vast difference in price structure ... its kinda unfair huh...

Hopefully we will get it all fixed up in the morning.

Thanks CTW - but they have the last suite on hold - it is now showing full on suites on all websites and with Costa worldwide.

My Uk agent has since agreed to take the booking if the US agent is unable to get that same price.To be honest - they were willing to pay it - I was kinda mad and said "NO WAY!" -

They wont be able to do flight and cruise package - but they usually fly into Europe a day early anyway so that shouldnt matter.

We're working on a 5 hour time difference but hopefully get it sorted tomorrow - meanwhile - they do have that last suite on hold -

I am just loathed to see them pay more than $3000 more than we did for same suite same cruise...

I just didnt realise that there could be such a vast difference in price structure ... its kinda unfair huh...

Hopefully we will get it all fixed up in the morning.

being the last suite available may well be the reason for the price difference. i have seen insides going for more than balconies when there are many balconies available. supply and demand.

99% of the time it is the other way around. We use a friends address in New York to book cruises, since we pay 3-5 times as much for the same cruise with a European address. We can generally only drool at the rates offered by American travel agents.

Kasi is right as well. Within Europe rates vary as well, if only slightly most of the time. We are travelling with my parents on the upcoming Costa cruise, and because they live in another country we all had to pretend to live in the same house to be able to make a multiple cabin booking. Costa Germany could not make a booking for people living in The Netherlands and Costa Benelux could not make a booking for people living in Germany, so we "moved in" with my parents because we want 2 cabins together. Only then we noticed that the price difference between the countries was € 59

I've also heard Australians complain bitterly about the prices they pay. However, the Australian culture doesn't generally include tipping, so I'm not sure if they're being quoted inclusive of service charge.

aussies do have the svc charge included.

Archived