LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Food Is Subjective!

6 of us had the Lamb Chops

- One said it was tough and over cooked

- One said it had no lamb flavor

- Four said it was excellent

They could have all been right! We were at a company dinner last night for 600 people and the quality of the steak at our table varied about like what you had above. Fortunately it was a big portion and my wife and I shared the better of the two.

What BEAUTIFUL pictures! Thank you all for posting them!

Is there an accurate website to track ships? marinetraffic doesn't have the Vision, at all & another has it just coming out of the canal! I'm going through great cruise withdrawal & January seems so far off! ROYAL CARIBBEAN, take me away!!!:eek:

17 Oct 2012 - Day 13 - Tendering in Cabo San Lucas

Good Morning Everyone,

I am posting from a shady spot on the rear of the Pool Deck. Starboard (Smoking) side of course.

Judith is much better and came up to the morning coffee area this morning about 5:30 (local time) and joined in out vigorous but polite political discussion on last night's debate and the election. We broke for breakfast and she is now bakd down in our cabin taking it easy.

We are not going ashore today.

There was a lot of movement of the ship last night. I bought some sea sick pills for Judith last night. The movement was not so bad that the crew set out sea sick bags everywhere.

Edited by Trainman-2

The port area is calm and the ship is rolling gently.

The sun is coming up and driving away the low clouds. It looks like it is going to be a nice, but hot, day.

I am going to slip over to Photobucket and try to upload photos for awhile. I am way behind uploading.

Jim... you know everyone is just waiting for you to have a Trainman Breakfast Sandwich TM some assembly required... every day we think it's coming... then every day... nope... what a tease ;)

Edited by Beth C

Jim - Loving this thread.

I've noticed some oddities about the times of meals, etc., like Early Dining is from 5:45 to 6:30 and Second seating from 8:30 to 9:30. I doubt they could pull off dinner in 45 or 60 minutes. The Compass for this day (above) has other deviations like Early Dining is from 6 to 7.

Is the Compass writer/editor hitting the "sauce"? I never check the time for dining after the first night.

We are boarding the Vision as you disembark, and wonder how trusting we should be with the times in the Compass.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

The MDR opens for the First Seating at 5:45 Ship's Time Every Evening! I asked our head waiter about it and he told me to ignore the Compass, that it would always be 5:45 to open.

Really loving your post. We will be on this ship in Feb. and had a few ?'s. Does this ship hav a Dizzies Lounge? (Love that lounge) Did they have Midnight Pool Buffett? Not that we have ever made it, lol. Also, do they have Texas Holdem Tourn.

Thanks for any info and thanks for the live update!!!!!!;)

Edited by sharonlacey

Really loving your post. We will be on this ship in Feb. and had a few ?'s. Does this ship hav a Dizzies Lounge? (Love that lounge) Did they have Midnight Pool Buffett? Not that we have ever made it, lol. Also, do they have Texas Holdem Tourn.

Thanks for any info and thanks for the live update!!!!!!;)

They do have the Texas Holdem Tournament. I will have to check on the others.

Overall, it is a great ship but without all of the nifty things people expect on the larger ships. It goes in for refit in about a year and will have a bunch of new stuff added then.