LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

I just took Judith's morning Coffee down to her. It is about 8 am Cabo/Ship's time and when Judith comes up we will head into the Windjammer for Breakfast.

NO hurry...

We are on vacation and the first Tender doesn't run until sometime after 10 am.

This is surely "Livin' the Good Life!"

Had dinner with Trainman and Judith last night (Gail is seated at Hotel Director's right in the picture Trainman posted) and a good time was had by all.

Today we are in Cabo drinking $2 beers....Whoooohoooo.

It will be fun to get home and read this thread and re-live our 28 day B2B. Our cabin is the aft on the starboard side with huge wraparound balcony......a great place to watch the world go by.

Jim,

Please say hello to Sue and Dick Hoffman (seated stage right of the Front Desk Manager)They are fine people and they always bring their Teddy Bears with them.

I leave today. I'm very excited.

The baby is doing well.

Have a good day.

Rev

Sue showed us her teddybears after dinner last night. We will pass on your regards to her.

Had dinner with Trainman and Judith last night (Gail is seated at Hotel Director's right in the picture Trainman posted) and a good time was had by all.

It will be fun to get home and read this thread and re-live our 28 day B2B. Our cabin is the aft on the starboard side with huge wraparound balcony......a great place to watch the world go by.

Hi Gil, I saw you 2 in the photo above!! Glad your having a great time! Trainman is doing a terrific job with this live post. BTW, you were in another photo out by the pool, but you were turned away so it was a photo of your back. Will be looking forward to meeting you two in December on the Allure.

Patty

That was so interesting. Thank you for filling in the gaps, plus adding more,................Did you ever have to sail in a submarine:eek: how do they ever screen out people for clostrapobea on them?

I want to mention that back in 2006 we were on a TA where we had to stop in the middle of the Atlantic from

Barcelona to Miami. We had at least 5 sick people. The SSWasp met us and transferred the sick along with their relatives from our ship to theirs. It was quite a site to see.

In the end the whole crew of the SSWasp lined up on the carrier and all saluted as we left. Each ship blew their horns. Our cruise ship folks waved. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking of it all.

Thank you thank you, that you were there.

I am sure Trainman appreciates all the time and effort you put into his request of most info on that ship.

You're most welcome. As for sailing on submarines, I never had the pleasure. As a surface sailor, I could never understand taking a perfectly good ship, and sinking it (deliberately, I might add).

As for the USS Wasp, she was an LHA, an amphibious helicoptor ship, used to transport US Marines for amphibious assault, and helo's that supported those military operations. Those ships are about 2/3rds the size of an aircraft carrier, but look very similar to the unpracticed eye. Its nice that you remembered their assistance. It is not unusual for US Warships to render humanitarian aid. If you remember the tsunamis that wrecked havoc in the Pacific over the past decade, it's been the US Navy that has always come to the rescue. Sea Power is much more than power projection, it is used to project US presense, wherever needed. Since more than 70% of the earths surface is covered by water, I'm sure you'll agree that the US Navy is a Global Force for good!

The Hotel Director just stopped by my Pool Side Command Center and told me:

- 82% of the Guests on the ship are over 60 (Another Fogie Cruise)

- There are 19 Minors on board (DANG! The Ship is ove run with kids)

Seems to my like a Fogie cruise not a minor cruise.

Doug

Just discovered this and got caught up. Many good memories of our partial transit on the Coral Princess. Must plan a full transit. We did a tour to the Pacific so we have done all the locks on a small boat.

Another book you might enjoy is David Mccullough's The path between the seas. It can be dry reading but if you are a canal buff, it is worth the time. I enjoyed it immensely.

Keep the pictures coming and btw - love your new house - not far from where we spend our winters.

I miss my morning coffee crowd, mostly veterans, who were all up early on the pool deck with me on the first leg of the cruise. There were 20-30 of us and we had great discussions and solved all of the world's problems in only two weeks.

HA! My girlfriend and myself can do that in a one hour telephone call!:D

We are back from an excellent Adventure ashore in Cabo.

The Internet is totally screwy today but I will keep trying.

We could be unavailable for 3 or 4 days.

Don't worry about us, we willl be having fun and shooting photos.

If the Ship sinks you will learn about it on CNN before we do. :eek:

The food in the MDR might not be fantastic, but the spread they put out for you at the Meet and Mingle was very nice.

How come we never get that spread, just juice and coffee and a few cookies. Glad you're having a good time. Couldn't help laughing at Judith checking out the other ship, just like Judith.

rev

Every time I've been on RCI, that's been the kind of spread the Meet & Mingle has had. It might have to do with the # of people signed up. Last Dec., the Enchantment staff said ours was the largest (135) they'd ever had. Hoping to beat that, this January!

Thanks MANY TIMES OVER, Trainman, for such a fantastic review. What on earth will I do, when your cruise ends, since no one else does this nice a job!:)

We had a fantastic dinner in the MDR last night which was the first formal night.

We were at the Hotel Director's Table with the Front Desk Manager and some of the other Back-to-Backers. It is always a special occasion to dine with both experienced cruisers and Officers from the ship. Lots of interesting conversations but no new rumors to spread.

IMG_1220.jpg

WOW, Gil does have some hair! That's the first time I've seen him without his hat on! Really nice picture, Trainman. So glad you're having a good time. Hope the rest of the cruise is comfortable, for Judith!:)

Hi Gail, I recognized you, in that picture! First time I'd seen Gil WITHOUT a hat on! So glad you're having a good time! Have you ever calculated # of days, in a given year, that you're home & # of days, same year, you're on a cruise? Have a beer (or 2 or 3, or so) for me! Looking forward to seeing you both, in January! Look out Tortola, on the MYSTIQUE & those PAIN KILLERS!!!:eek:

Just found this thread! Took awhile to catch up with a lot of reading but now I'm up to date. Enjoying your pictures!!

:)

Dee

Hey Dee, sorry, thought you knew about this thread or I would have told you. BTW, are you reading Host Faith's thread on the Allure? It's not live but she's doing a great review.