LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

If your old enough, like me, to remember the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs, did it also cross your mind how great it would have been had we had the optical and communication power to watch those events in the same quality we got to watch this event? (I was alive during Mercury, but don't actually remember those launches)

Hate to admit it, but yes old enough :eek: but don't really remember them.

Hope they don't get into too rough of water. Wonder how far out their way they will have to go? Maybe it knocked out the signal for internet?

Since they are going to be in Puerto Vallarta in the morning and looking at where Paul is tracking looks to me like they would have easily made it through. Paul's not going to hit land in the Baja until Wednesday.

I just read the latest update. It seems this is right in the path of where the ship should be now? Or would they still be quite a bit south of the baja?

MIAMI (AP) — Hurricane Paul is strengthening in the Pacific off Mexico and a tropical storm watch has been issued for a portion of Baja California.

The U.S. National Hurricane Center says Paul’s maximum sustained winds were 80 mph (130 kph) early Monday. Some additional strengthening is forecast during the day before weakening is expected Tuesday.

It’s centered about 530 miles (850 kilometers) southwest of the tip of the Baja California peninsula and moving north at 9 mph (15 kph

Hoping all is well for all on the ship! Stay safe; you're all in my thoughts!:confused:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Also sitting and beginning to get worried about the lack of info. Checked the main website, nothing to report, and Marine Traffic just gives the 'expected location' which we can get from the itinerary. I searched the Vision of the Seas & the message was 'out of range'. Sure glad I don't have parents, kids, whoever on this cruise because no way to confirm where the heck they are. However, Jim & Judith are on my worry list.

dm

Like as not, they're under cloud cover and the satellite signal just isn't getting through. Though I'll grant, when friends or family are the ones out near a storm like that, it does make one worry a bit.

Hopefully, they'll have a story of nothing worse than mildly choppy seas and cloudy skies when they come back online.

golly...in withdrawals...guess I need to go look at panama canal trips...we have been talking about them for a few weeks but thought we would wait until the new locks were done.

thank you Trainman and Judith for sharing your voyage so far. We love the pictures....

Hubby wants to know what you thought about Cartagena

I see you are D+, did they do anything on the Vision comparable to the concierge lounge perks in the evening , other than the diamond event for the diamond guests ?

Not yet, Puerto Vallarta is in the central time zone, So he is 1 hour behind East Coast time.

And they'll effectively skip the Mountain time zone entirely the way they are laid out. So it won't take long to hit the Pacific zone at all.

Sunday - Day 10 - October 14, 2012

The satellite link was down last night and has been down since 4 am yesterday morning (Ship’s Time) and without it the internet is unavailable, cell phones don’t work, and the ATMs don’t work. TV reception is also affected. People can’t print out boarding passes for their flights home and the Loyalty Ambassadors cannot book future cruises.

In short we are sort of isolated electronically.

The satellite link was down last night and has been down since 4 am yesterday morning (Ship’s Time) and without it the internet is unavailable, cell phones don’t work, and the ATMs don’t work. TV reception is also affected. People can’t print out boarding passes for their flights home and the Loyalty Ambassadors cannot book future cruises.

Well if the drinks are flowing and your tummy's are full, then not to worry!!! :)

Thanks for the update...we're standing by!!!

Woo Hoo--You're Back! YAY!