Question about Savings Certificates?

I got an email today from RCCL letting me know my "Savings Certificates" are ready. I found one for the cruise we're booked on next year on the Navigator. I emailed the request to use the certificate for $125.00. It only took about 10 minutes to get a confirmation email back. It said they are taken in the order in which they are received. Does anyone know how long it takes to apply the certificate to my balance on the cruise? Days...weeks?I've never used one before. :)

I got an email today from RCCL letting me know my "Savings Certificates" are ready. I found one for the cruise we're booked on next year on the Navigator. I emailed the request to use the certificate for $125.00. It only took about 10 minutes to get a confirmation email back. It said they are taken in the order in which they are received. Does anyone know how long it takes to apply the certificate to my balance on the cruise? Days...weeks?I've never used one before. :)

From my personal experience 7-10 days.

• 2 months later...
I recieved my email today letting me know my savings certificate has been applied to my cruise. It took 7 days. Not bad at all! :D

Does anyone know if I emailed (and received a confirmation email) on 12/29 and the coupon expires on 12/31 if I can still use it? If it takes 7-10 days, it will be past the expiration date...or do they look at it as the day you submitted the email?

Does anyone know if I emailed (and received a confirmation email) on 12/29 and the coupon expires on 12/31 if I can still use it? If it takes 7-10 days, it will be past the expiration date...or do they look at it as the day you submitted the email?

As long as it was submitted prior to the expiry date you'll be okay. The 7-10 days is optimistic - I sent in 5 for our next cruise and the timeframe for applying them to my reservations spanned from hours to almost 2 months! Just keep checking over the next couple weeks and give them a call if it's more than a month (re-send (forward your sent) the email if necessary)

As long as it was submitted prior to the expiry date you'll be okay. The 7-10 days is optimistic - I sent in 5 for our next cruise and the timeframe for applying them to my reservations spanned from hours to almost 2 months! Just keep checking over the next couple weeks and give them a call if it's more than a month (re-send (forward your sent) the email if necessary)

Thank you!

Archived