Bringing a friend on 2014 but not sure who?

My DD wants to bring along a friend in 2014 but we won't know until much later who that will be. How do I book a cabin now for four people or (2) cabins for two people without knowing all of the names first. I'm sure someone knows how to do this.:rolleyes:

My DD wants to bring along a friend in 2014 but we won't know until much later who that will be. How do I book a cabin now for four people or (2) cabins for two people without knowing all of the names first. I'm sure someone knows how to do this.:rolleyes:

Is there going to be like a lottery that decides who goes? All expense paid?

I'd like to buy a ticket..:cool:

You can do one of 2 things

1. Book a cabin for 4 people and put anyone's name in the 4 spot. Once you know who the 4th person is, call and do a name change. You can do this until pretty close to the cruise date or before final payment. You could also just leave 3 on the res for now and add the 4th later, just make sure the cabin you have is a Quad so it will hold 4 people.

2. If you book 2 cabins, put 2 in one cabin and for now only put 1 in the other cabin. When you know who the other person will be, call and have them added and pay the additional deposit.

1. Book a cabin for 4 people and put anyone's name in the 4 spot. Once you know who the 4th person is, call and do a name change. You can do this until pretty close to the cruise date or before final payment. You could also just leave 3 on the res for now and add the 4th later, just make sure the cabin you have is a Quad so it will hold 4 people.

2. If you book 2 cabins, put 2 in one cabin and for now only put 1 in the other cabin. When you know who the other person will be, call and have them added and pay the additional deposit.

I would not recomend option 2, the ship is capacity controlled, it can happen that they wont allow you to add another person, even if the room only has 1 occupant, when booking pay the deposit for the 4th person and use TBD as the name, then you can change it when you have determined who is going

You can actually book a cabin with the second persons name unknown. You still pay the deposit and you have until very near to the sail date to fill in the name of the passenger. I called RCCL when I needed this information and this is what they told me.

Do not recommend option 2 for the following reasons:

• The ship is passenger controlled so by the time you know who the 4th person is the ship's capacity could already be at max and not able to add the additional name.
  • If you book a cabin with 1 passenger than change it 2 passengers , the price gets recalculate to the current price at that time of adding the 2nd passenger. So any savings you may have gotten initially could be lost. Therefore better to book with a 4 name now and change when you actually decide in order to hold the price.

Archived