Formal Night with Kids

Laker1

We have two kids around 10 yrs. old. We cruised the Med (adults only) and we dressed up for all formal nights. There were very few (if any) kids on board, what is the general consensus on dress for kids on formal nights. I know it is really up to individual choice but what do the majority out there think or have seen.

You didn't say if you have boys or girls, but when my boys were that age they wore dark colored Docker style pants with a white dress shirt and tie. I had found dress vests at a very reasonable price so they wore those too. They looked quite sharp, especially for kids who consider it getting dressed up when they put on a clean tee shirt! This year when we cruise they will be almost 13 and 16. The older one is the same size as his dad, so we are planning to have him borrow one of his dad's suits. I haven't decided yet whether to buy a suit for the younger one or not.

On the Diamond Princess my daughter (age 13) wore a very nice dress and my son (age 9) wore khaki's, dress short, tie and blue sport coat. They both love dressing up but then the formal clothes were changed in time for kids club!

Our son, who is now 11, wears something similar to what my husband wears. When we were on Diamond Princess, each wore a suit, as my husband did not want to bring his tuxedo. When DH has his tuxedo, we rent one for our son, too. Our little guy loves to dress up.

Archived