Any reviews of the "5D" theater on the Breeze?

gmss0205

Thanks for posting this question. I don't have the answer but I would like to know myself since we are going on the Breeze for 14 days next month.

I wonder if it is really worth it since you are really just watching a 20 minute clip of a movie...at least that is my understanding.

At $7.95 per show or $14.95 unlimited I would think the better price would be the unlimited. But then again just how many times could you watch the same thing over. How many shows are there?

But my question remains is it worth it? I find it hard to believe that no one has been here on CC.

At $7.95 per show or $14.95 unlimited I would think the better price would be the unlimited. But then again just how many times could you watch the same thing over. How many shows are there?

But my question remains is it worth it? I find it hard to believe that no one has been here on CC.

Looks like no one on the board has tried the 5D theater :(

I looked over the 60+reviews under member reviews and found 3 tha tmentioned the Thrill Theater. All liked it but said nothing about what played there. 2 said to go with the unlimited pass. One mentioned their children saw every showing there and some twice. So must bea good kids option.

I looked over the 60+reviews under member reviews and found 3 tha tmentioned the Thrill Theater. All liked it but said nothing about what played there. 2 said to go with the unlimited pass. One mentioned their children saw every showing there and some twice. So must bea good kids option.

Just wondering if any adults liked it.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, the lovely Mrs. Jones is aboard "Breeze" right now, and will have been aboard for 27 days when she gets back to Miami, and since she's a "techi" I have no doubt that she tried the 5-D theater. I'll find out at that time, and let y'all know. ;)

"SKY"

for what it's worth, I found this in a review "Price for each performance is $7.95. We have 7 different main features with a different short feature which means each performance lasts 25 minutes or so. I have a feeling it’s going to be a big hit with families." ken

Here's something I found on a Carnival Forum:

Space

· Twenty-four seat theater with high-def 3D projection system, strobe lights, smoke/fog machine and bubble machine

· Special effects include: Leg tickle, neck air, seat poke, water squirt, seat vibration, seat motion (up, down, pitch back and forward)

Entertainment

· Movies will run 15-20 minutes in length

· Price: one time entry ticket - $7.95; unlimited entry ticket for the entire cruise - $14.95

· Programming: Featuring re-edited versions of Hollywood films such as…

Ø Happy Feet

Ø Speed Racer

Ø Ice Age

Ø BBC Planet Earth

Ø Sponge Bob

Ø The Polar Express (holiday season only)

• 3 years later...

I highly suggest doing this. There are 5 different shows, if you find the time do them all. The "predator" show was very interesting and enlightening, the "thrillogy" does something that I won't spoil here, but you will be talking about it for years after going on it lol.

My husband and I enjoyed it on our first breeze cruise but we didn't bother the second cruise because it was the same movies and a different itinerary with less sea days. You spend so much on other things, that $15 for a fun diversion isnt much. It reminds me of those rides in universal studios, and I think 20 minutes is enough time.

We tried it in June. We loved the breeze and wanted to try everything. My family enjoyed it and got the unlimited pass for 4 adults, one senior and 1 child. The senior and child passes were cheaper and we added 2.00 per pass for the extra show but never could make it. It was fun to attend the different shows. Just an extra option to do if you want. It was not enough money to say it was a waste but it is not free. Also a few of the chairs were not working the whole week so that sucks but with the unlimited pass you could come back at a later time if that show line was long or if you had something else to do at the time. There are 20 seats in the theater and we needed 6.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did it a few years ago. I thought it was a blast. We got the unlimited pass and probably went about 4 or 5 times and then it broke. It wasn't going to be fixed before the end of our cruise so Carnival refunded the entire amount. The next time we went on the Breeze it was again broken.

the 5D theatre was awesome. Everyone in the theatre laughed hysterically every time I went. If you ever liked things like this at amusement parks then it is DEFINITELY worth the $15. You have spent so much already--what's another $15??? :rolleyes:

We are heading on the Breeze later this year and was wondering if anyone has tried out the 5D Theater? Is it worth the money? Thanks!

Yes.

We bought the "everything" ticket which allowed us to watch as much as we wanted on the 8-day cruise we were on it. Absolutely worth it.

Our kids loved it. I think there were 5-7 different shows playing throughout the week. Our kids watched several of them 4-5 times, they quickly found their favorites and watched for times they were playing and specifically planned to go see it.

My wife and I enjoyed it as well. We are going back on the Breeze in May and plan on buying everyone the full pass again.