AFT cabins on the Insignia

luvs2cruzga

We are considering taking an Oceania cruise on the Insignia in June 2006. Trying to decide on a cabin. I would appreciate any comments on the aft cabins in cat A1 or B1 as opposed to those in the center of the ship.

Guest Jancruz

The aft cabins 6090 and 6093 are the most desireable Cat b on the ship as they have a very large veranda..they usually are booked way in advance..

You will love Oceania it is a fabulous cruise line

Jan:)

Guest Jancruz

I will certainly be happy to answer any questions..just let me know what you would like to know..I have been on Oceania 10 times and was on the pre-inaugural and the inaugural of the cruise line..

Jan:)

I was wondering if the aft cabins truly were better. Is the size the same? I suffer from motion sickness and have always had a central cabin. I take meclizine so I don't get sick, but I was wondering if there is more motion back there.

I am not new to cruising, just new to Oceania. By the time this cruise comes around I will have completed 26 cruises from 7 to 29 days duration on various cruise lines from the smalled to the largest ships in the water. So far have enjoyed Crystal, RCCL, Celebrity and Princess. Also sailed on NCL and HAL. Actually, I have never met a cruise I didn't like. What can I expect on Oceania?

You can expect a smaller more intimate ship than you have ever been on..of the lines you have traveled on Oceania most resembles Crystal clientel..Oceania has open seating restaurants, no formal nights and very friendly staff..

You will love it..

Jan

cruzzunlimited

My wife and I had an owner's suite on the R7 (a sister ship to REGATTA And INSIGNIA in their Renaissance days) a few years ago. That was in the very stern of the ship. There was very little motion, but vibration was sometimes noticeable at night (which didn't bother me a bit, since I found it soothing.)

The aft cabins have one major advantage over side cabins, and that's the field of view. You can see what's happening on both sides of the ship instead of just the port or starboard side. It's also pleasant to look out at the ship's wake, especially at night. The only downside is that the balcony has a solid partition instead of an open railing, which can interfere with your view of the water when you're sitting down.

We have a booking on exactly the same cabin # on the Insignia for the November trans-atlantic crossing Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro. Will be back home mid December 2005 and would be very happy to give u detailed report and answer any questions you might have

Archived