Port Tour vendors for Chacchoben ruins?

Unknotted

I know that we can book ahead to see the Chacchoben ruins, but does anyone know if there are tour vendors at the port who go there without booking ahead? We are still undecided about whether or not to go see the ruins and may need to decide once we are off the ship, so I need to know if there are vendors at the port.

Please, no lectures about vendor integrity, missing the ship, etc. We know the possible hazzards of not booking through the ship, etc.

Native Choice didn't have any reps in the immediate port area, but there were a lot of people directing us to their check-in site:

Costa Maya: Booked the Mayan Ruins tour with Native Choice. We arrived at their office at the blue Clock Tower at 12:45 and our driver, Jefe, drove up in a new Camry. Our guide, Joel, DD and I were then off to the ruins on this very private tour. I had been expecting to go in a van with a small group so this was excellent! Joel was very informative and shared fascinating info on the way over. When we arrived, we were the only people at the ruins - well before the twelve DCL busloads. We toured the complete site and Joel discussed the Mayan history, culture and the calendar with us. He also volunteers with the archaeologists who preserve the site so he had a lot of great inside information. We were back to the port area well before the DCL guests. We thoroughly enjoyed this tour and highly recommend them.

• 1 month later...

Archived