What to do in Positano?

holiday07

We will be in Positano October 24th for the first time for about two hours. We are starting to plan on what to do. Please share your experience and memorable moments... Thank you.

We had lunch at a FABULOUS restaurant! The restaurant is called Ristorante da Costantino. I am going to link you the Positano part of my review with pics:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35502431&postcount=86

What I did not include in my review is the shops and quaint streets. We had time to shop before/after lunch. We enjoyed walking up and down the narrow streets and going in the shops. We purchased some ceramic kitchen utensils with lemons painted on them. Also the shop keepers were all very friendly and it was nice chatting with them. There also is a place you can walk down to the beach, we did not have time for that.

If I can think of anything else I will let you know, but I HIGHLY suggest you check out the restaurant we went to. And check the trip advisor site.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g194863-d1163492-Reviews-Ristorante_da_Costantino-Positano_Amalfi_Coast_Campania.html

Da Constantino is a great restaurant. However it is not in the town of Positano but high on the cliffs overlooking it - it's necessary to get there by car. It would be a shame to spend your two hours in the restaurant and miss seeing the town. Positano is special. Stay in town. Positano is perfect for strolling. It has nice shops and restaurants right there. Don't miss picking up some ceramics and walking along the edge of the sea. Fabulous.

Da Constantino is a great restaurant. However it is not in the town of Positano but high on the cliffs overlooking it - it's necessary to get there by car. It would be a shame to spend your two hours in the restaurant and miss seeing the town. Positano is special. Stay in town. Positano is perfect for strolling. It has nice shops and restaurants right there. Don't miss picking up some ceramics and walking along the edge of the sea. Fabulous.

Good Catch - didn't see the the OP only had two hours there.:( Agree with this poster - it's the other thing to do only if you have at least a few hours to check out the town.

when you shop at Positano, don't forget to buy the Lemon candy, you got to try that.. is really good and u can't find at any where else , i was at Positano last week, i wish i have brough more and also you need to try the creamy Lemoncello or the meloncello.. is also really good.

What do we do in Positano (been there many times)? Walk around the streets, climb the steps, browse the shops, enjoy the fabulous views and atmosphere, enjoy a capuccino at a cafe, have a nice meal at one of the restaurants/cafes, stop for a gelato, chat with some of the locals, etc. And we do totally agree with Candykwong about trying some of the regional Lemoncello. The Lemoncello made in this part of Italy is the best in the world.

Hank

Archived