Tipping - is my understanding correct?

funinhounslow

I've just read through a couple of lengthy threads about tipping. I've no wish to add another, but I would like confirmation that my understanding of tipping is correct.

There is a daily "auto tip" of $12/day per person, and 15% added to drinks bills automatically. This gets shared out amongst the crew, and we aren't expected to do any more than this. Is this right?

If at the end of the cruise, there are members of staff we would like to show our appreciation to individually, any cash we give them they get to keep in its entirety i.e. it won't go into a pot and be shared out with other staff? And it doesn't matter if we give €, $ or £ as cash?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've just read through a couple of lengthy threads about tipping. I've no wish to add another, but I would like confirmation that my understanding of tipping is correct.

There is a daily "auto tip" of $12/day per person, and 15% added to drinks bills automatically. This gets shared out amongst the crew, and we aren't expected to do any more than this. Is this right?

If at the end of the cruise, there are members of staff we would like to show our appreciation to individually, any cash we give them they get to keep in its entirety i.e. it won't go into a pot and be shared out with other staff? And it doesn't matter if we give €, $ or £ as cash?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Correct on all points except the $12 is $11 or $13 depending upon whether you are in the Grills or not.

I've just read through a couple of lengthy threads about tipping. I've no wish to add another, but I would like confirmation that my understanding of tipping is correct. There is a daily "auto tip" of $12/day per person, and 15% added to drinks bills automatically. This gets shared out amongst the crew, and we aren't expected to do any more than this. Is this right? If at the end of the cruise, there are members of staff we would like to show our appreciation to individually, any cash we give them they get to keep in its entirety i.e. it won't go into a pot and be shared out with other staff? And it doesn't matter if we give €, $ or £ as cash? Thanks in advance for your help.
As the cap'n says, you are correct. Thank you for setting it out so well. Bon Voyage! :)

Archived