Crown 4/06 Switcheroo?

Sayyadina

Hi!

My DH and I are thinking of a cruise to mark our anniversary in 4/06. One of the cruises we'd been looking at was round trip out of Phillie on the Crown, leaving 4/9/2006.

A week or so ago, I went looking for price info on all the major online travel websites, and can't find anything on this cruise. Now I'm finding that the Crown will be doing a 15 day Straights of Magellen cruise and will be in Chile on the 9th of April. Unless they have transporters, they won't be leaving from Philadelphia on April 9th. :( I can't find where they will be after April 9th, either.

I'm guessing they have changed the itinerary for this ship? Does this happen often? I'd been reading that leaving from Philadelphia was fairly popular, I wonder what happened? Any insight would be helpful, I'm mainly just curious at this point.

JodyM

The Crown last year left ouf of Philly .... from april til june..

Then in june, it switches from Philly, to NYC to Bermuda.

It is docked with the Dawn every sunday. Since we are getting in a new ship this year, and one of the American ships, alot of the itineraries change..and homeports also switch to accomodate and even out the ships around NOrth America. Ships often change their homeports, during a change in season too.

Hi!

I'm guessing they have changed the itinerary for this ship? Does this happen often? I'd been reading that leaving from Philadelphia was fairly popular, I wonder what happened? Any insight would be helpful, I'm mainly just curious at this point.

JodyM

Here is a link to advanced itineraries from NCL UK. Look like the first sailing from Philly is 4/29/2006

2006 • April 29 • May 6, 13, 20, 27 • June 3, 10

http://www.uk.ncl.com/itinerary/it_e_usa_ber.htm

If you go to the site don't be confused by the number of days it includes hotel stays.

hi sayyadina

all is not lost! We are booked on the crown for 3/27/06 toi 4/9/06 exotic caribbean miami to phila. then we are sailing 4/9/06 to 4/23/06 phila to phila. Have not been advised they did away with the cruise. Maybe they were looking at 2005 sailings. We cruise each year and would love to hear further from you and other cruisers. Great way to celebrate an anniversary or just nothing.

Hi!

My DH and I are thinking of a cruise to mark our anniversary in 4/06. One of the cruises we'd been looking at was round trip out of Phillie on the Crown, leaving 4/9/2006.

A week or so ago, I went looking for price info on all the major online travel websites, and can't find anything on this cruise. Now I'm finding that the Crown will be doing a 15 day Straights of Magellen cruise and will be in Chile on the 9th of April. Unless they have transporters, they won't be leaving from Philadelphia on April 9th. :( I can't find where they will be after April 9th, either.

JodyM

• 1 month later...

Archived