sick from the voyager may 15th?

I too was on Voyager on 5/15 but to blame them for something they have control over is wrong. We can get sick anywhere, anytime. I did my 24 hour sick thing and still think rccl is tops. Luckily it hit at the end of cruise. Planing another soon. Patrick

I was on the voyager may 15, with my family and my sisters family. My sisters two children got sick on friday a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Up by the pool as we were leaving there were alot of people sick. We figured that the two of them got it because they were the youngest and put their hands on everything and in their mouths.

Might get sick at home, school, vacation of any kind, department store, church.......I'm not sure why these posts continue. Been sick on a ship and lots of other places in life. If you're afraid of noro, never leave home.

Might get sick at home, school, vacation of any kind, department store, church.......I'm not sure why these posts continue. Been sick on a ship and lots of other places in life. If you're afraid of noro, never leave home.

This reply so totally amazes me. When was the last time you put 3200 people in a department store and half of them ended up with diaherra and throwing up???? When was the last time you put 3200 people in a church and half of them left with diaherra and throwing up??? Whe was the last time you had 3200 students in a school that you paid $3,000 + dollars for and then left having diaherra and throwing up and you thought that was OK???? Do you work for the cruise lines??? It is not OK to continue to pay this amount of money to go on a ship that they know is infected with a horriable virus. I have some ocean front properly in Arizon, I will sell it to you cheap. Any takers???????????

This reply so totally amazes me. When was the last time you put 3200 people in a department store and half of them ended up with diaherra and throwing up???? When was the last time you put 3200 people in a church and half of them left with diaherra and throwing up??? Whe was the last time you had 3200 students in a school that you paid $3,000 + dollars for and then left having diaherra and throwing up and you thought that was OK???? Do you work for the cruise lines??? It is not OK to continue to pay this amount of money to go on a ship that they know is infected with a horriable virus. I have some ocean front properly in Arizon, I will sell it to you cheap. Any takers???????????
There's no question cruises or worse by the nature of the closed in space and close proximity of that many people. But it's the cruise situation and not necessarily the choices the cruise lines make. Certainly there is a minimum standard of cleanliness and effort the cruise companies should adhere to. Think of a Cruise more like a Day Care than a Department store.

My guess is that it would depend on if you left all those people in those examples, together for a week. Are saying there were 1600 sick people on that ship? 1600?? Are you sure of those numbers?

You do work for the cruise lines. I have no doubt. You have done nothing but defend the cruise lines since the beginning of this thread. This is the last thing I will write on here. I can not deal with the stupidity on this. Anyone that will pay 3000+ dollars to go on something that will give you 50% odds of being so deathly sick you want to die is a total idoit. Can't you possible understand the stupidity of your remarks. "Oh, well, just go and see if you get sick". When was the last time you heard of an outbreak of Norwalk virus in Disney Orlando??? When was the last time you heard of an outbreak of Norwalk virus in Aruba??? When was the last time you heard of a Norwalk virus in Bermuda????? Give me your money...I can send you some sort of virus I am sure..

If you don't work for the cruise lines. You should. They would pay you big money to keep defending their totally lack of caring for the people that are funding the sailing virus possibility.

50/50 odds of being so deathly sick that you want to die????? You have got to be kidding. And you call us stupid idiots? Unbelieveable...... and pathetic....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :(

jc

When was the last time you heard of an outbreak of Norwalk virus in Disney Orlando???

It'd be pretty hard to round up 3000 people that got sick from being at Disney, wouldn't it? Unless of course they all complained to the CDC....or had the same doctor. :rolleyes:

I got very sick while at Disney once. That was long before Norwalk virus was widely known. But... the symptoms were identical to Norwalk and it spread like wildfire. One member of the family was hospitalized, everyone caught it, grandparents, the nurses, the doctor who treated DD. I think it's very unusual for the doctor's staff and doctor to get it. I've never seen anything like it since (thank heavens). It certainly could have been a strain of Norwalk though.

I was on the cruise 5/7 and heard there were several people sick on that sailing. And more on the cruise that left on the 15th. I think things like that happen, and if someone gets sick, we should not jump all over them. If people had been getting sick, they should have disinfected the ship. I hope everyone feels better and has a better time on their next cruise.

Archived