Well done manchester airport

Just a quick mention to the peeps at Man A/P

My Dear mum (87 years young ) was on yet another trip see my brother and grandchildren in Calgary

we had booked assistance but that is usually only after check in down to departures

When going to check in 250 peeps in front, thought oh dear, but a nice man.came over and said check in at the premier/club desk now(she just had a walking stick oh and one case

"go and take your Mum for breakfast and come back in an hour, we will do the rest"

when we went back man came with wheelchair (saves her walking) and special quick security clearance

"we are taking her down now

sir" :eek:

"Mum " i said "you will be ok after you come around from the op :rolleyes:"

her reply cannot be repeated on this forum :D

Thanks to Man airport for customer care , but no thanks for rip -off short stay parking charges :(

Stevie

How refreshing to hear a tale of GOOD customer service at an airport!

Hope your mum has a great trip.

The airports are such huge impersonal places now, it must be a worry when someone needs a bit more help.

kate

I had a similar experience and would like to say thank you to Luton Airport. Their customer service was brilliant too. I had a major operation on my knee last year and was still using crutches when we went on our cruise. At the check in desk I was asked if I needed special assistance, I said I would be fine thank you, she then pointed out there was four flights of stairs to go down to board:eek: Next thing I knew a man appeared with a wheel chair and I was whisked off straight through security(sorry to all the people in the VERY LONG QUEUE) and into the departure lounge. I did insist I could walk just couldn't do stairs. The reply to this was why walk when you can ride?:)

When it came time for boarding I was taken down in the lift and then loaded onto the plane like cargo:) which was a strange experience. Unfortunately we had booked seats at the back of the plane and I was loaded on at the front, so the cabin crew stopped everyone else from boarding while I hobbled my way down to the back:o:o. Then after take off as the plane wasn't full we were moved to a row to ourselves where I could stretch out.

All the staff were great and I couldn't thank them enough. I wasn't really looking forward to the traveling part with my knee but the staff made it as easy as it could be.

HUGE THANK YOU to them.

We only went from Luton because as it was a late booking all flights from our local airports were full but after the service we had I'm glad we did.

Archived