RCCL happy hour

i've looked at happy hour deals, and it's my general opinion they are usually a couple of hundred bucks off interior cabins in the larger-class ships, usually two or three weeks out, usually during a non-busy time ...

the prices are great, but i always wonder about airfare ...

On both of our cruises, while "shopping" before booking, I checked prices often. I don't mean a couple of times a week--I mean several times a day! ;) I didn't even know about the "happy hour" specials, but I checked prices and one morning I noticed that they had dropped about $100.00 per person, so I started the booking process on line and when I got part way into it, I discovered that the price I had seen was not showing up on other screens, so I called the 800# to find out what I was doing wrong, and I was told that it was the "happy hour" special and I had to call to make the reservations. (This was almost exactly one month before our cruise) Not only did I save $100 per person (there were two of us), but we also got a free excursion! The very next day, the price for the same category room (ocean view) went up $200.00 per person over what I paid. The prices never dropped again!

I am watching prices now on several cruises we are interested in! :)

--Susan

I believe really the happy hour specials per say are really the HOT DEALS that you see posted on the RCCL.COM site.

Check out the specials on there sometime, they are very good. Check them daily because some aren't on there very long.

They are right on the home page in red letters.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do

Jimbo:)

Archived