Pre-order gift or wait til onboard?

TootsieLou

I was wondering if it mattered or was easier to pre-order say a bottle of wine or rum for our friends who are sailing with us on Ruby? Or can we just order it once we are on the ship? I see the order form to pre-order a gift but on the ship is it from Room Service?

I was wondering if it mattered or was easier to pre-order say a bottle of wine or rum for our friends who are sailing with us on Ruby? Or can we just order it once we are on the ship? I see the order form to pre-order a gift but on the ship is it from Room Service?

I have pre-ordered items like wine or liquor for our own consumption on most cruises. When I arrive at my cabin I have find voucher cards already in the room. I then call room service and tell them that I have a voucher for whatever the item is. The voucher has a stub at the bottom that you sign and give to the room service person who delivers the item to you.

I don't know from experience but my guess is that if you order an item for someone in another cabin, the voucher will be in their cabin so they will need to know what to do with it. It might be better to order it for yourself, have it delivered to your cabin, and then deliver it yourself to your friends' cabin.

I would pre-order it so when they arrive in their cabin theire will be a card announcing the gift.

If you order it on board and have it delivered to their cabin, I do not know if they will get a note that it is a gift from you.

Archived