Carribean Princess 8/20/05 questions

carbour

We have two grandchildren ages 4 and 8, how were the kids programs?

What movies did they show and when?

Our rooms are an the Lido deck close to the pool entrance, is it noisey?

Thanks, Carbour

To be honest, I haven't cruised yet, but from what I have gathered from other posters about the things you're asking is....

The kids program is nice, there is a lot for them to do, and the parents (and grandparents) are able to go off and do what they'd like to do but then have the kids with them for family time as well.

The movies are constantly changing and the movies they are showing now won't be the movies you're watching in August. As of right now they're showing Shall We Dance and....I can't remember the other one, i'm sorry.

All of the rooms seem to be quiet, very little noise from what I hear from other passengers. Passengers near the elevators haven't even heard the elevators or laundry room to be a problem. Hope that helped, but I also hope others respond and either confirm or prove me wrong! ;) Good luck and happy cruising!

I will be on the caribbean princess the week of 8/13/05. I usually cruise with a group of about 12-15 people. this time however, It will be just my fiance and me. last november, i was on the golden with a group of friends. one couple brought their 2 young kids. (ages 8 and 9) they and their parents raved about the kids program. they think that it is the best in the industry.

as for the noise issue. normally i try to book a cabin on the middle section if the ship always on one of the higher decks with a balcony cabin. last year however, i booked a balcony on the lido near the pool area. it was actually 5 cabins away from the end of the hallway. as long as the doors are closed at the end of the hall (and they usually are) there wont be a problem. you wont hear any noise at all. I am not sure about the movies under the stars as this will be my first time on the caribbean princess. hope this was of some help.

We sailed the CP in February. We left our kids (5 yrs. & 10 mos.) at home with Grandma & Grandpa. I started cruising at age 10 and I will tell you that the kids programs have come a loooong way since the days of Diane in the Teen-a-Rama Room aboard the Doric. They have improved considerably since 1993 when I sailed the Sovereign of the Seas with my whole family and my 4 year old niece wasn't old enough to participate in what looked like a pretty nice program then. The Kids' Zone on the CP looks great. It's a "no grown-ups allowed" kind of place and it is divided by age group with appropriate activities/equipment. The littlest ones even have their own splash pool out of the sun. People on board our sailing spoke highly of the program as their kids enjoyed their time.

The movies varied. During the day they run family friendly movies and that can vary in itself. We caught "Big" and "Indiana Jones" during the day and "Wimbledon" at night. "Shall We Dance" was the other "first run" movie getting prime time run. I believe they showed "The Wizard of Oz" one night and then at midnight one evening the showed "Rocky Horror". When we were in Pricess Cays, my wife and I headed back to the ship after lunch planning to soak up some rays and watch "Sharktale" out by the pool but were disappointed that it was actually playing in the Princess Theater instead. They will show a movie there on occassion as well.

We had no noise issues in our cabin. Just the soothing sound of the ocean as we accidentally left our balcony door open all night once. That was very pleasant. We were on Baja deck and our cabin was across from the laundry. Our room was quiet.

Enjoy your trip. Wish I were going.

I heard first hand from someone on our cruise last year that if you book below the pool deck on CP, you do hear them cleaning the deck during the night. I think they were booked below the pizza bar. I would recommending staying away from here.

Last year we were in cabin B703 and loved the location. It was at the rear lift and stairs. Buffet was upstairs a few flights as well as the pool. YOu walk down a few flights and are at dinner or the shops and lounges. This year we are once again in the same general area as we loved it last year.

Archived