Burbank, CA Airport Question (Tahitian Princess)

oshuns42

Hi! I have a quick question. My sister and I will be on the Tahitian Princess on 11/30/05. We will be doing a post cruise through princess and will be leaving for LAX on Tuesday evening 12/12. I believe the flight gets into LAX about 8:00 am. Wednesday. (We did this with Radison 2 years ago).

We are flying on Jet Blue from JFK. Jet Blue does not fly into LAX, it goes to Long Beach. However, starting this month they are flying into Burbank. Sooooooooo, how long would it take to get to Burbank airport from LAX on a Wednesday morning. I'm trying to figure out what flight to book to go home from Burbank to JFK.

At the start of the trip we should have no problem (hopefully), we are leaving the 29th of November and staying overnight in Burbank. Which reminds me, does anyone have any recommendations where to stay in Burbank?

Looking forward to the Tahitian Princess. I'm so exicited. I've read so many great ideas and threads on this board. My first Princess cruise was on the Star in April. I loved it. The staff was wonderful, the cruise was soooo relaxing.

Any answers will be appreciated. Kathy

Our L.A. freeways don't always behave when necessary. You'll be taking both the 101 and 405 freeways from Burbank to LAX, both heavily used. You land at 8 a.m., which will probably put you on the freeway + or - 9 a.m. It should take you at least an hour, but more likely longer depending on traffic. To be on the safe side, I would allow 1 1/2 hours airport to airport. Maybe someone else will give you a different opinion.

I would agree with Long Beach. The airport is easier to navigate and there is only one freeway (405) between LGB and LAX. Going from LAX to LGB give yourself at least an hour to an hour and a half travel time to be on the safe side. The distance is about the same but IMHO the 405 freeway moves a bit better.

Thank you all for your input. I check the outgoing flights from both Burbank and Long Beach. LB has more flights out during the day to JFK. That, together with your opinions, helped us to decide on LB. Thanks again, Kathy

I'm not so sure there's really any great advantage to Long Beach over Burbank for you...

Long Beach is convenient to the HARBOR...but you're coming into LAX, NOT to the harbor...

Both Long Beach and Burbank are small airports and easy to navigate...

It's about 28 miles from LAX to Burbank and 22 miles from LAX to Long Beach...

It is not easy to beat traffic going 20-something miles ANYWHERE in the LA Basin on a Wednesday Morning...The 405 Freeway out of LAX BOTH North (towards Burbank) and South (toward Long Beach) will be crowded with commuter traffic...

My guess is you would likely take a Shuttle service...I'd call them and see what they suggest as to timing...They'd know better than anyone...My guess is that both timing and cost is about the same either way...

Personally, I fly out of Burbank all the time...I think it's a great little airport...

As to hotels near Burbank airport, I'd go with what was suggested above - the Hilton is directly across from the main entrance to the airport and has free shuttles right to the terminal and back...

Another idea, depending on what you want to do your one night in the Burbank area, would be to stay in Universal City (Hilton or Sheraton) - about 5 miles from the Airport - There you can wander the shops and restaurants of "Citywalk" at Universal Studios, a fairly popular local attraction...

Good luck and have fun...

There is a Marriott Hotel, just down the street from the Long Beach airport if you're looking for a hotel, now that you're flying to LB. You can take an airport shuttle(Super Shuttle and Primetime) to and from LB to lax. I know you can pick it up at the Marriott. I'd much rather fly into Long Beach and take a shuttle to LAX, then from Burbank to LAX. The travel on the freeway going through LA toward the valley and vice versa is the worst.

As someone who commuted on the 405 for at least 10 years between the Valley and West LA (just before LAX), I would vote for the shuttle between LB &LAX...one less freeway to deal with. That's rush hour when you're getting in so allow extraaaaaaa time. Better to sit in the waiting area then stress over rushing to get there. Plus the extra time to go thru security.

Archived