Nautica November 5 2012 Egypt

Calgary123

Has anyone been able to get information from Oceania verifying whether their will be a change in ports for this cruise. They are saying no at this time but since their is a travel advisory in effect that does not make any sense. Has anyone else contacted them and what have they told you.

Has anyone been able to get information from Oceania verifying whether their will be a change in ports for this cruise. They are saying no at this time but since their is a travel advisory in effect that does not make any sense. Has anyone else contacted them and what have they told you.

I see you are new to CC. Welcome.

The place to get this type of information is on your roll call.

Go to

Oceania Roll Calls

Nautica roll calls

Then look for a thread about your specific sailing. You will meet some of your fellow cruisers and be able to share information.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the board as well and just returned from the "Lands of Time " cruise. We were moved out of Egypt to Anatalya and 1/2 day extra in Isreal.

Just to let you know we were along side a Holland America ship in Turkey that didn't cancel and the people I spoke to said they had no problems in Egypt. The only thing they said is it's a really long day getting to the pyramids and back in one day.

I would say the opinion on our cruise was split some, including myself, thought we could have gone in with no problems the same as the Holland America ship. Others were happy not to have gone in.

Maybe I'll get to see the pyramids one day but it won't be on a cruise.

We're off to Egypt on a land trip (A&K) in 3 weeks... All indications from them (through our TA) is that tourism there is business as usual. We are optimistic that this is the case... :) But, can understand that the logistics of bringing a cruise ship with >1000 pax/crew there is different from a small land-based tour; that has to affect O's decision.

We are also off to Egypt in 3 weeks with land and Nile cruise..I understand

from some over there that it seems to be fine..but land is a lot different

than cruise ships!

JP..stay in touch and we can compare what we hear from our TAs..

mexfolkart at aol dot com

Sherry & Kimber

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countries_pays/report_rapport-eng.asp?id=79000

Just so you know Canada has lifted the travel advisory for Egypt ( except for the Sinai Peninsula coastal resorts) and it is now on the same level as Israel and Turkey.

As far as I can tell there is no longer a travel advisory from the US of A either.

I hope that means your good to go.

Archived