Bolongo Bay Resort/340 Watersports

Eng23

I just wanted to post a few notes on my experience at Bolongo Bay Resort. I know this is not a typical place most cruiser's go to which kind of makes this a best kept secret. The resort is located about 15 minutes from Havensight Cruise Pier and about 30 minutes from the Crown Bay Docks where I was coming from the Allure of the Seas.

The resort is a small family run operation on a nice secluded bay. There is a bar and restaurant in the resort and Iggie's Beach Bar is also located here on where else but the "beach". A nice beach day can be had here but I am a little adventurous so I had booked a Waverunner tour with 340 Watersports. This is a privately run business separate from the resort that is located on the beach between the hotel and Iggie's. I met with Matt (the owner) and took care of the paperwork and discussed my tour with him. Matt was also my guide for my tour as I was the only person scheduled at that time. I pretty much had a 1 1/2 hour personal tour. Matt was very personable and professional. He answered all my questions and tailored my tour to what I wanted to do. The Waverunner's are almost new and are well maintained. Matt took me on a tour of the St. Thomas area including Havensight and the Crown Bay area getting kinda close to my ship for some photos. We spent time checking out some of the coves with some nice sights and then headed back towards Bolongo Bay. On the way back there is an area that is fairly calm and allows for some freestyle riding which we took advantage of.

So to cap this off I would recommend 340 Watersports for anyone interested in doing a Waverunner tour while in St. Thomas.

Archived