Help with ES and fare viewer please!

razzinger

Been doing well getting 2 price drops so far, but found a situation I don't have an answer for. Just looked this morning, and found a past guest rate on our cruise (Jan 20 Freedom) for interior cabins, and all are the same price, but our Category, (4J) is not listed.

I'm guessing this is due to the free upgrade from the lower cats to the 4h cat. Are we eligible for the same price? Should I just submit the form and see what happens? (I booked thru Carnival). Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately no, you can't. You have to price match to your own category. So if the price for a 4J went down, then you can submit the request.

OR if a higher category falls below your current price, you can ask for an upgrade.

Could just simply be the 4J's are sold out. I'm booked ES on the Breeze next month in a 4J and have been watching. Not many prices drops available to that category since there are relatively few 4J's on the ships that have them. but, we got a sweet ES reduction last week as the rates dropped and a few 4J's were listed as available and got a nice chunk of $$ as OBC.

Unfortunately no, you can't. You have to price match to your own category. So if the price for a 4J went down, then you can submit the request.

OR if a higher category falls below your current price, you can ask for an upgrade.

Thanks! That what I thought. I did a search to book a 4J on our cruise and its sold out. I'm guessing thats why it was not listed on fare viewer.

Even though it is sold out right now, don't quit checking the Fare Viewer. As it gets closer to your sailing some of the people in 4J's may upgrade and that would leave empty 4J's which would mean you cold still be eligible for price reductions even if its sold out right now.

Even though it is sold out right now, don't quit checking the Fare Viewer. As it gets closer to your sailing some of the people in 4J's may upgrade and that would leave empty 4J's which would mean you cold still be eligible for price reductions even if its sold out right now.

Thanks! Hopefully we can get a little more OBC!

Could just simply be the 4J's are sold out. I'm booked ES on the Breeze next month in a 4J and have been watching. Not many prices drops available to that category since there are relatively few 4J's on the ships that have them. but, we got a sweet ES reduction last week as the rates dropped and a few 4J's were listed as available and got a nice chunk of $$ as OBC.

We also got a drop last week, $30, as there was the cabin next to us still listed as available, but its gone today. Shame, because the drop today was $60!

Archived