SINGLE most favorite food dish

hannahsmomtoo

It's a bread pudding, but it has some chocolate in it, and it's covered with a delish sauce. Hubby doesnt like it, but I can't do the WCMC, too rich for me!

The waiter usually comes around with the sauce and pours it on for you. It's warm, kind of a vanilla custard kind of flavor. I don't like it either and I have REALLY TRIED TO! :p:p:p I don't like the tiramisu whatever it is either! Or the Baked Alaska. BLAHHH.... They have a chocolate pie/cake on embarkation day that is out of this world. I think it's raspberry chocolate. Kind of a cold chocolate melting cake but cut in a wedge like a pie. It's the FIRST THING I look for when I board the ship. ;);) I think I've listed about a dozen SINGLE favorite things, so might as well agree with the ceasar salad too that someone else mentioned! :cool: (I've gained 10 lbs since OP posted this thread!)

It is sooooo easy to make. Give it a try. Have made it many times

7 ounces semisweet chocolate

7 ounces butter

6 eggs

3 ounces sugar

4 ounces flour

Directions:

Melt chocolate and butter together.

Mix half of eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes. Add flour. Then add rest of the eggs.

Add egg mix to the melted chocolate mix.

Pour mixture in individual ramekin cups.

Bake in oven at 390 degrees (200 celsius) for 15-20 minutes.

To serve, sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.

Thanks..how many does this make ? and what size ramekin ?

Not sure about the "bacon" mac n' cheese, but I always loved the little side they had! And the Indian dinners, and a reuben from the grill, yummo! and the fact that they use real whipped cream on everything instead of "cool whip" type stuff. And the pear thing for dessert... LOVE IT!

Um, should you have asked what we don't love???:rolleyes:

Oh, and the fact that I don't have to cook ANY of it!!!

Okay, noone's mentioned anything from breakfast....sometimes they have mini ham and cheese quesadilias (sp?) Kind of puff pastry kind of things. They are REALLY good. So are the poppy seed muffins and date nut bread (spread cream cheese on top!) And the tater tot things they have sometimes. (We always go to the Lido buffet, so it varies what's on the menu) Also love the oatmeal. I have to have one bowl every morning with brown sugar melted on top....:D:D:D

ok this is probably because I am in mourning for my cruise and want to get back ON...

but what was everyone ONE favorite dish?

I know this makes me sound 5 years old.. but mine was the Bacon Mac and Cheese.. Holy Mackerel that was incredible.. Call me easy to please I guess !!!

macj.jpg

No doubt, that mac n cheese is awesome, but for me it's a tie between the snapper and the salmon. They are prepared well and taste SO good!

My first Carnival cruise it was the Lobster/Shrimp dinner and strawberry soup...have to say 2 things..sorry changing rules..LOL.

My second and last Carnival cruise it was the beef dish with two kinds of beef layered and strawberry soup..both in main dining room.

If I go again..I hope the consistency of good food that was just right temp, nicely prepared..good taste is back...it just really changed in my 2 cruises with Carnival so far ...both were west coast cruises and those smaller few bite lobsters..not some of big ones I see..but second cruise it was just rubbery and bad....Sarah

What I thought all the food on Carnival is cold to luke warm, no seasoning/favoring, ill prepared and inappropriately dressed? Well that is basically every negative review I have read says! Of course I kid as I have never understood foodies. Good God man... if you are eating lobster, fillet minon, rack of lamb, prime rib, rack of ribs, roasted duck, salmon, etc, etc, etc every night of your life then yes perhaps I can see a bit of a disappointment but most people eat hamburger and chicken most nights and all of the above is a wonderful endulgence!

Personally, it has been since 2001 that I have cruised with Carnival but I still remember the rack of lamb that I had over lunch one day and cannot wait to try it (or something similar) to it again. Lamb is one of my favorite meat that I rarely get to eat.

Archived