Check-in Question - Diamond/Non-Diamond

masonpips

Hello! Kind of convulted situation listed below. Questions below it!

We booked Oasis Thanksgiving last year while onboard.

Room 1- Me/DH - Balcony (11th floor)

Room 2 - DS/DD - Inside (across hall)

In April our SIL/BIL booked same cruise.

We now show:

Room 1 - SIL/me - Balcony (11th floor)

Room 2 - DS/DD - Inside (across hall)

Room 3 - DH/BIL - Balcony (9th floor)

Room 4 - DNiece/DNephew - Inside (across hall)

We did this to give inlaws benefit of Diamond balcony discount (they are Gold)

Questions

1) They list passenger #1 in my room as SIL. Does this matter for check-in (I will be checking us in online (this weekend) and paying for this room or should I call and make sure "I'm" passenger 1? Also since I'm Diamond my card will reflect this right? Regardless of being passenger 1 or 2?

2) Can we check in separate from them? They are driving down from central FL so we're not sure when they will arrive/we will arrive. If yes, which rooms? 3 of the 4? Obviously once on board we will swtich DHs back to right cabins

3) Our inlaws switched to a TA for OBC. I can "see" their reservations and have made dining room reservations, shows, etc. However, they have DNiece listed as 46. She's 15. They need to clear this up NOW right? I told BIL this but he brushed it off

Sigh, dealing with newbies here folks... They've done ONE 3 day cruise on RCCL. I'm so used to just the 4 of us dealing w/everything on our own that coordinating 4 more (through a TA) is maxing me out!

TIA!

Yes, DN's record needs to be corrected. Identification has to match the booking record. Tell DBIL to get on the stick.

Not sure about some of your questions, but, yes, you all can check in separately if you've done the online registration separately. We share a family suite with neighbors on our Rock cruises and do the registration by couples. That way if Margo and Joe get to the pier later, there's no problem. Their on board charges need to go on their credit card, so we'd need to register separately anyway.

Archived