FREE Ugrade!!!

CrazyCanuckCruzer

OK. So DH and I leave on the Star in 10 days, so tomorrow we'll be doing the single digits dance - Woo Hoo! Today I was advised that there was a price drop on our cabin. So I go on NCL's site and check. We booked a balcony cabin - mid-ship - and they are all sold out! So I check the mini-suites and the price is now $170pp less than our balcony. You can bet that I called NCL but I was told that there were no mini-suites left ...:o( Then I asked if we could get OBC for the price difference and was told that since there are no mini-suites left, this could not be done. Disappointed, I hung up.

A friend who is cruising with us in an OV called to be upgraded to a balcony cabin because that price was now less than what she paid and was told that there were no more balcony cabins left, but she was eligible, and got, a $150 obc!

Now, I'm armed and dangerous (LOL). So I called NCL back with the intention of speaking to a manager, but the lady who took my call was so nice that I decided to go through the process again...And guess what? We have now been upgraded to a mini-suite!!! We are so happy! This cruise will be my 'Retirement Celebration' cruise. We wanted to book the mini-suite from the get-go but thought we would use the extra $$$ on other cruise things instead of the cabin.

Just thought I'd share! We're going cruising, we're going cruising!!

Ok. I'll come back to earth now and try to act like an adult - TRY is the operative word... LOLOLOL

:D

OK. So DH and I leave on the Star in 10 days, so tomorrow we'll be doing the single digits dance - Woo Hoo! Today I was advised that there was a price drop on our cabin. So I go on NCL's site and check. We booked a balcony cabin - mid-ship - and they are all sold out! So I check the mini-suites and the price is now $170pp less than our balcony. You can bet that I called NCL but I was told that there were no mini-suites left ...:o( Then I asked if we could get OBC for the price difference and was told that since there are no mini-suites left, this could not be done. Disappointed, I hung up.

A friend who is cruising with us in an OV called to be upgraded to a balcony cabin because that price was now less than what she paid and was told that there were no more balcony cabins left, but she was eligible, and got, a $150 obc!

Now, I'm armed and dangerous (LOL). So I called NCL back with the intention of speaking to a manager, but the lady who took my call was so nice that I decided to go through the process again...And guess what? We have now been upgraded to a mini-suite!!! We are so happy! This cruise will be my 'Retirement Celebration' cruise. We wanted to book the mini-suite from the get-go but thought we would use the extra $$$ on other cruise things instead of the cabin.

Just thought I'd share! We're going cruising, we're going cruising!!

Ok. I'll come back to earth now and try to act like an adult - TRY is the operative word... LOLOLOL

Congrats!!!!! I know you will enjoy it

Sweeeeet! And thanks for reminding me. I checked the prices and called for an upgrade from OA ocean view to BC balcony for $80 bucks on a 9 day cruise. Woohoo!

I was on the Star couple of weeks ago. The crew is fabulous! There's a link in my signature if you want some tips for Bermuda. Congrats and Bon Voyage!

Sweeeeet! And thanks for reminding me. I checked the prices and called for an upgrade from OA ocean view to BC balcony for $80 bucks on a 9 day cruise. Woohoo!

I was on the Star couple of weeks ago. The crew is fabulous! There's a link in my signature if you want some tips for Bermuda. Congrats and Bon Voyage!

Well congratulations Kyle! Hope Bendy Man is happy too :D !

~ La Princesa

Congratulations! That makes your upcoming cruise more exciting. We were just aboard the Star on the Sept 30th sailing and the Upsell Fairy called us two days prior to grant us an upgrade from an Aft Facing Balcony Cabin on deck 10 to an Aft Facing Penthouse Suite on deck 9 with a rap around balcony. The excitement was incredible. Here's to Blue Skies and Calm Seas! Enjoy :)

Burtoncruiser,

You are not entitled to anything if the price drops. However, if cabins are open at a higher level that are now selling at a price the same or even less than what you paid, then many people have had good luck being reassigned tot he higher cabin. If there are no cabins available--as seemed the case in this scenario--then some folks have been successful negotiating some OBC. It is my opinion that it is easier to get the higher level cabin than it is to get the OBC--the OBC seems to take more negotiating and at times people have not gotten it. The best way to think about it is that there is a chance you will get a better room and/or an OBC, and so you should make the effort. But it is not a given, you are not entitled to it, if you get it after final payment then NCL is doing something nice, and you can feel very happy. If you don't get it--as happens to some people--(not sure the criteria but it could be as simple as that it matters how you ask)--then don't get angry, upset with NCL and let it ruin your cruise. But by all means watch those prices, pick up the phone and see what you can do. That is one thing I have learned here on these boards. Good luck.

LOL. Thanks. Yes he has a silly grin on his face doing the happy dance. Aren't you in a balcony too? :p

Yes I am. :D As a matter of fact, I called my NCL PCC yesterday and got upgraded from a deck 8 balcony to deck 10 midship balcony. Will check in with my PCC in another 30 days to see if he can do more for me.

~ La Princesa

Yes I am. :D As a matter of fact, I called my NCL PCC yesterday and got upgraded from a deck 8 balcony to deck 10 midship balcony. Will check in with my PCC in another 30 days to see if he can do more for me. ~ La Princesa

Awesome. Congrats and good luck on another! Sounds like you already got a great deal to begin with it. I chose a deck nine aaaaaall the way forward and hoping to feel the ship rocking at night. :D

Archived