Conquest vs. Dream

Tanyatan02

Dream is a little larger , newer , has a few things Conquest does not have

waterworks , Guys , BBQ station , anyone else add to this?

Dream does not have Guys Burger Joint. The only 2.0 upgrades she

received in her Dry Dock was the RedFrog Rum & Blue Iguana Bar,

Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch and DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

(Word has it the staff was calling it a 1.2 upgrade)

The Conquest is about to go into dry dock

and will get a whole host of 2.0 upgrades:

Carnival Conquest (Dry Dock: Oct. 14-28, 2012):

RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, EA Sports Bar,

Guy’s Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch

presented by George Lopez, Hasbro, The Game Show, Playlist Productions, DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

That being said, both ships are great.. but I would choose the

Conquest for Guys and the Hasbro Family Game Shows.

If it's you with a teen and two kids, the Dream will offer more things for the kids though the difference isn't tremendous. With that said the difference between the ships probably doesn't out weigh factors like ease of getting to the ship and cost.

is new orleans easier and that much closer? thanks

If your cruise is in summer with longer day lights I would go for Conquest. New Orleans is an awesome port to depart from. You stay in the river/delta for hours so you get many hours of river cruising, how cool is that? Besides, Dream doesn't seem to handle high crowd well, so avoid Dream in summer or other high seasons.

If your cruise is in low season, try Dream. When it's not crowded, Dream is a nicer ship, much bigger, more to do.

I live about 30 miles from Huntsville, AL. We have cruise on both ships. Dream in 2010 and the Conquest this past August. I would definitely cruise on the Dream. Our family really enjoyed the Dream, and were disappointed in the Conquest after hearing so much about it.

pat

If your cruise is in summer with longer day lights I would go for Conquest. New Orleans is an awesome port to depart from. You stay in the river/delta for hours so you get many hours of river cruising, how cool is that? Besides, Dream doesn't seem to handle high crowd well, so avoid Dream in summer or other high seasons.

If your cruise is in low season, try Dream. When it's not crowded, Dream is a nicer ship, much bigger, more to do.

I agree completely with what you said about the crowds. Dream is an amazing ship when you're not sailing her in the summer, holidays, or March.

I sailed Conquest & Dream 1 year apart. I liked different things about each, but I far prefer the Dream!!! Dream has several more options for lunch, which helps to keep lines even shorter than on smaller ships. Dream has a great waterpark, with 2 large waterslides and a couples sets of smaller slides. Those slides are so much fun for the kids and the big kids like me! Conquest has 1 large waterslide, which is fun, but Dream easily has Conquest beat here. I enjoyed the entertainment on both ships, but the Dream has definitely had my favorite entertainment. Dancing in the Streets is a great show.

Unfortunately for Conquest, the New Orleans thing is more of an appeal to adults. I have noticed that cruises out of New Orleans do not draw too much in the way of families. Families will most likely be picking Dream or other ships not leaving from New Orleans. That's not to say that there won't be some, but there will most likely be far more on the Dream. That would be nice for your kids, to have more kids around their age sailing with you.

What makes it "more Crowded" when it always sails full? All the ships sail full. Unless they dont count the kids or "3rd" person in cabins.

What makes it "more Crowded" when it always sails full? All the ships sail full. Unless they dont count the kids or "3rd" person in cabins.

You're kind of on the right track there, but not quite. They will claim for the ships to sail full, but during the low demand times, they will book 2 people into 3, 4, or 5-person rooms, just to get all the rooms taken. During high demand times (summer, holidays, March), they will not allow that. If you have 2, you must book a 2-person room. 3 must book a 3-person room. etc.

So during low demand times, the ships may sail at capacity (capacity meaning 2 per room), but many beds are not used. We had 4100 on the Dream the first time, when she can take well over 4600 guests with every bed filled. During high demand times, the number of guests will be around or over 4600. That extra does make a pretty big difference.

Both ships are excellent, however I personally prefer "Dream" for a number of reasons. I LOVE the "Blackjack Band", and the shows aboard "Dream". I have never had a problem with crowds on "Dream", because I do just a little bit of pre planning, and don't try to be the first one off the ship at each port. The personnel aboard "Dream" are number one in my book as well, and ,,,,, well frankly, I've never been disappointed by my cruise aboard "Dream".

"SKY"

The Dream is more crowded because there are more cabins and no more public areas to accomodate them.

We have sailed both and would never cruise on the Dream class again. The Conquest class is the largest we'll ever do again. Liked the tier configuration on the Lido/Panorama Decks. You didn't have to be right by the pool to see what was going on like you did on the Dream.

The Dream is more crowded because there are more cabins and no more public areas to accomodate them.

We have sailed both and would never cruise on the Dream class again. The Conquest class is the largest we'll ever do again. Liked the tier configuration on the Lido/Panorama Decks. You didn't have to be right by the pool to see what was going on like you did on the Dream.

Not true. Not according to the facts. There is more public areas to accomodate the extra passengers on the Dream. The public space to guest ratio is exactly equal. The public areas are not the same size on both ships. They may seem that way, because the proportions are similar. For example, a 12'x12' room is larger than a 10'x10' room, but it may feel like the same size.

And you don't have to be right by the pool to see what's going on on the Dream. I pick a spot somewhere up on deck 12, where there are plenty of chairs set up. I'm always able to find a spot up there. And I can see everything that's going on quite easily. However, I do agree that I prefer the tier configuration on Conquest. But that's just a small thing to me.

And you don't have to be right by the pool to see what's going on on the Dream. I pick a spot somewhere up on deck 12, where there are plenty of chairs set up. I'm always able to find a spot up there. And I can see everything that's going on quite easily. However, I do agree that I prefer the tier configuration on Conquest. But that's just a small thing to me.

I disagree. On the Dream, the lounge chairs on Deck 12 are located on the outside railing. If you are laying on you will see very little of what's going on down by the pool. On the Conquest class with the tiers, if you do the same, you will see the whole pool area.

Archived