Cabin Beds

Our 15 y/o daughter will be with us and we were wondering about the bed for her. I guess its a pull down type thing but can anyone tell me more about this type? Also does anyone know just about how many teens can be expected on a January cruise?

Some cabins have the pullman beds that come down from the ceiling, others have pull out sofa beds. If you check on the deck plans on the RCCL web site, you'll see a symbol on your cabin. Match up that symbol to the key and that'll tell you what type you have.

On on last cruise we had a pullman bed that our 15 year old son slept on. He said it was very comfortable...although it was a little strange having him sleep right over our heads. :eek: There's a lot of head clearance underneath though...way more than what a bunkbed would have. The room steward made it up, and recessed it into the ceiling every morning. In the evening while we were at dinner, he would come back into the room and pull it back down for the night again, and attach the little ladder to it.

As far as kids on a January cruise, don't expect too many. There were only a handful of teens on our Jan 2-9, 2005 cruise on the Mariner, and the cruise was sold out. Likewise, there weren't many younger kids either. On the first night, there will be a teen meet & mingle in the teen center. It will be scheduled on the teen Compass that the steward should leave in your room. Make sure your daughter goes to that so she can meet some of the other teens on board.

Another tip, most of the teen activities take place during the time that late dinner (8:30) is scheduled. For that reason, we chose early dinner (6:00) instead. This worked out really well for both us and our son, and we plan on doing the same thing on our next cruise.

Okay, Sorry. Sailing on the Enchantment, cabin category L, cabin 4565

I'm not sure if it’s the same type of bed, but when I shared a cabin with my parents on the ExOS, I had to climb a ladder to get into my bed. My bed pulled out of the ceiling, and was perpendicular to their bed.

THAT LADDER HURT MY FEET! :eek:

The steps on that ladder were made of very thin steel (so the step width wasn’t wide at all), and it was very painful to use with your bare feet. I recommend wearing slippers or sandals to bed, so your feetsies don’t hurt as well. :)

If, as a previous poster mentioned, your cabin has two pullman beds, one will likely be over your bed and the other over the sofa. If you have a preference as to which you want your son to use, let your room steward know as soon as possible.

The pullman beds are pretty nice according to my DD. They have a good rail on the side to discourage rolling off :D and all we've had have a personal reading light so that if he is right above you, his reading habits won't bother you.

Archived