Ba flights to barbados

torty

Have booked BA flights through P&O for Azura Caribbean cruise in February. Am unable to access Manage My Booking on BA website as we don't have (and can't get) a flight reference number from P&O. As I am disabled we can usually choose our seats free of charge with BA but obviously need the reference number to do so. We've got the feeling that even if we could do this through P&O they would impose a charge as they do for Thomson and Thomas Cook seats. Also we would like to monitor the BA website for good deals with the possibility of upgrading to World Traveller Plus seats but once again would need a reference number. Would be interested to hear from anyone with their experiences of BA flights booked through P&O.

We haven't had experience with BA flights with P&O but have with Princess, which may be a similar situation.

The cruise line generally make a "group booking" which is why there is an issue trying to book seats.

We are going to LA for a cruise in December, flying with BA (Princess booked these as part of the "package") and I am trying to book seats. Although I have got a booking number and can log onto the BA website, it won't allow me to book seats. When I asked the TA to sort it out (as they had assured me that I could book seats about 90 days before), I was then told by the cruise company that the flight tickets had to be "issued" before I could do this. Even though we have paid in full, the flight tickets haven't been released. I have had to request for them to be released "early" so that I can book seats, and have been told that this will apparently affect the terms and conditions for cancellation! Very confusing. As this is the only way that I can book seats (so I'm told!), I'm now waiting for the TA to confirm them have the tickets then I - hopefully - can get the seats booked! What's the bet the ones I want are then already booked up!! Its still ongoing, but I won't give up.

You could try contacting P&O directly and asking their flight department (although I am aware that sometimes they won't talk to you if you've booked through a TA). Another option would be to try BA directly, although I don't know how useful that would be but maybe worth a try.

I sincerely hope that you manage to get it sorted. All the best - don't give up!

Had a similar thing last week on our villa holiday. We had scheduled flights with Monarch, organised by the villa company. We could not get a flight locator number to book our seats on the flight but the villa company were able to organise it on our behalf although we could not do online checkin. Perhaps you could get P&O to get in touch with BA. Should add that we did have to pay for this service but it was worth it for us as we were travelling with our DD, DSIL and DGD and wanted to ensure we sat together.

Have booked BA flights through P&O for Azura Caribbean cruise in February. Am unable to access Manage My Booking on BA website as we don't have (and can't get) a flight reference number from P&O. As I am disabled we can usually choose our seats free of charge with BA but obviously need the reference number to do so. We've got the feeling that even if we could do this through P&O they would impose a charge as they do for Thomson and Thomas Cook seats. Also we would like to monitor the BA website for good deals with the possibility of upgrading to World Traveller Plus seats but once again would need a reference number. Would be interested to hear from anyone with their experiences of BA flights booked through P&O.

Hello

Don't know if its any help on our recent Celebrity Cruise we were booked on

BA and found that we could not pre assign our seats till 24 hours before

departure time, could try the Q&A of BA.co.uk to see if this applies for disabled seating as they may open it earlier.

Good luck

Mrs Blue Sky

We too have a cruise booked on the Ventura going to Barbados on 11th Jan flying with BA. Also experiencing the same issues cannot book a seat on the flight with P&O and after speaking to BA direct they do not have our details. This is because P&O have booked a block of seats on the flight but have not released the names to B.A yet.

Spoken to P&O and apparently we can book our seats 4 days before we fly.

The only good thing is that it is a schedule flight and maybe we will get free drinks.:o:o

I don't know if you've managed to sort out your seats on the flight yet, but I wouldn't wait. We are on a BA flight from LA in January (through a cruise and to LA in December via BA co-share with AA) and have just managed to book our seats. There was not a great deal of choice left though at this late stage, so my advice would be to chivvy P&O along or contact BA directly, explain your needs and make sure that you get what you need.

At least this should then be one less stress for you and your flight.

Good luck.:)

Archived