Price Reductions DCL vs NCL

christalannbutler

Just a quick question. I know about a month after making the final payment on my NCL cruise, I called them and found that the price was reduced on the cruise, and I got the money back. Does Disney offer that if they do a Last Minute Special, can I get mine reduced?

Anyone have any suggestions?

If it's after your PIF date, no. You would have to cancel (with whatever penalties assessed) and rebook. Sometimes this is still cheaper to do. I will also point out if you cancel, you will loose any excursion, Palo, or other prebooked reservations you have, and would have to rebook (if there's availability).

I've read that the FL resident discount has been applied after the PIF date, but that's all.

:)

Just a quick question. I know about a month after making the final payment on my NCL cruise, I called them and found that the price was reduced on the cruise, and I got the money back. Does Disney offer that if they do a Last Minute Special, can I get mine reduced?

Anyone have any suggestions?

You got very lucky if you got money back after you were past the final payment date.

I know of no cruise line that will do that.

Carnival has a way to book that is called early saver that gets you OBC's after final payment if your category goes down in price but there are strict rules that come with that .

Bill

I'll throw my $.02 in since there seem to be multiple answers. I don't know what the set policies are, I will just give you what I have had happen to me and experiences I know of first hand.

I have had DCL give me money back after my final payment date two out of two times the rate dropped due to new FL resident dates (this last time I got back half of our fare and went from a deluxe fam OV to a deluxe fam verandah).

Often, even if you have to cancel and re-book it would be worth it, as in my most recent example, I would have only lost my deposit (as it was just after the final payment date), so with a total fare of ~$1400, and a difference of ~$700, loosing my ~$280 deposit would have still saved me ~$420.

I believe for Celebrity and RCCL, if they drop the rate (not necessarily for FL residents, military, etc) and you are after the final payment date they will give you an OBC for the difference. NCL has done this for me in the past but it's been a while. In both cases I don't believe they allow that OBC to go to gratuities.

Most lines (not that this matters for DCL) don't let you use OBC for gambling, so squash your ideas about getting chips then cashing out ;-)

Billy

Archived