Live from the Royal Princess

jwitt2

We are having a grand time on this final voyage of the great ship. We have only had 2 sea days, so not a lot of time to rest or listen to port talks. The grand old lady is still great. We had a cake cutting ceremony and champaign waterfall with 658 glasses last night on formal night.

Getting on here has been tough, the satellite goes out a lot and when it is up there are not all that many computers. This morning it is not busy. I am not going on tour until this afternoon

Druke (Michael), I have something to send you, will try to get your snail mail address later. I know you are a big fan of the ship.

We are having a grand time on this final voyage of the great ship. We have only had 2 sea days, so not a lot of time to rest or listen to port talks. The grand old lady is still great. We had a cake cutting ceremony and champaign waterfall with 658 glasses last night on formal night.

Getting on here has been tough, the satellite goes out a lot and when it is up there are not all that many computers. This morning it is not busy. I am not going on tour until this afternoon

Druke (Michael), I have something to send you, will try to get your snail mail address later. I know you are a big fan of the ship.

Good to hear you are seeing the grand old lady out in style ;-)) Can you confirm if JJ King and Alan/Alana will be on the June 18th Sea Princess sailing after their UK land break?

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Alex

Good to hear you are seeing the grand old lady out in style ;-)) Can you confirm if JJ King and Alan/Alana will be on the June 18th Sea Princess sailing after their UK land break?

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Alex

JJ said he was going to the Sea Princess, but I didn't know about the break. I'm not sure about the other 2. Our dining people didn't know where they were going but the cabin steward said he is going to the Regal after he goes home on break.

The Sea Princess pulled in behind us in Southhampton. The steward said that they were busy the night before we disembarked because they were moving a lot of stuff from the cabins over to the SP. A lot of things were packed up ready to move. He and our waiter both said that they were moving into the passenger cabins because the P&O crew were coming aboard to occupy the crew cabins. The waiter was looking forward to staying in a luxury balcony cabin. He and some others were going home and didn't know where they would end up.

We had a great cruise, but it sure was sad to see the old girl go. They had a very nice show on the last night with some pictures of the ship and crew which they projected onto the side panels as they were singing. We have 4 nice cobalt blue champaign memory flutes that they gave us and some other souvenirs we purchased that said final cruise on them.

We were on the previous cruise (Manaus to Rome) and I had an opportunity to talk to both Alan and Alana. Yes, they are taking a short break, and afterwards will be going to the Sea Princess. They could have gone to the Regal Princess, but didn't want to get "evicted" again when it leaves the fleet, so they chose the Sea Princess. While I'm not a big fan of their music, I do think they have the best trivia contests. Alana is very droll and very funny.

Jim

When does she officially leave the fleet? There doesn’t seem to be any acknowledgement from Princess about a goodbye… The below link will take you to some pictures of her last visit as Royal Princess to Helsinki - what a beautiful ship.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=61216&g2_page=1

I believe the Royal Princess arrived in Southampton yesterday. According to the bridge cam, she's on her way to Bremerhaven. I'd guess it's for the refitting as the Artemis.
:(

Well there you have it – unless you have a big screen TV strapped to your back, nobody talks about you. Long live Royal Princess…at least in the memories of those who enjoyed sailing her. She was advanced for her time and yet still a symbol of civilized cruising. :(

:(

Well there you have it ? unless you have a big screen TV strapped to your back, nobody talks about you. Long live Royal Princess?at least in the memories of those who enjoyed sailing her. She was advanced for her time and yet still a symbol of civilized cruising. :(

We renewed our vows on the Royal Princess back in May 2002. I absolutely loved that ship and am sorry to see her leave the Princess Fleet.

I'm glad to hear Alan and Alana are staying with Princess...and not going to P&O.....they are a wonderful brother and sister team that I've enjoyed more than once on the Royal...now I'll look to see where I'd like to go that the Sea sails.... :)

I'm glad to hear Alan and Alana are staying with Princess...and not going to P&O.....they are a wonderful brother and sister team that I've enjoyed more than once on the Royal...now I'll look to see where I'd like to go that the Sea sails.... :)

Got back very late last night from Royal Princess' final cruise. Wonderful trip.

Alan and Alana are great. Two of the nicest people you'll ever meet on a ship. They did most of the evening trivia games. Speaking of which, my team won the last ever trivia game on Royal Princess! The official prize was a Princess passport holder, but we also all got a ceramic model of the ship. Sure, they were on sale at clearance for $2, but it was a nice gesture and makes a memorable souvenir.

Archived