Oceania Suite music

Lundboat

I'm wondering if my Ipad or Iphone or even the Ipod can be used with any system within the suite for music. Not sure what is available. Or CD's? Thanks for any help!

Mike

There is an Ipod docking station on the desk in the living room which is linked to a very extensive sound system. connected to multiple speakers in every room of the Suite and the veranda.

033758.jpg151456.jpg

The DVD player in the Media Room will also play CD's, and there was a portfolio of CD's provided (Classical, New Age & Easy Listening).

Enjoy your Music and your Oceania Suite, they are Spectacular!

That's very nice, but those ports are all disabled on Oceania electronics.

:cool: That's why I carry a Universal Remote in my kit as well.

(seriously...yes, they are blocked on many ships)

Found that out once trying to mate a DVD player for the kids.

The cable set does work on Bose-type stereos that don't have the dock included, though.

I believe that the mini gyms were not "working out" (no pun intended) and they are being replaced by a second Walk in Closet.

I called O recently and asked what was in the fitness room? Answer - a stationery bike and a rowing machine - Hmmm. Might this be a tricycle and a kayak?

OK... just so I am clear...in a Veranda B4 Cabin, there is no way to hook up any type of music or dvd's? Just clarifying before I being stuff as we have done so on other lines, but have never cruised O.

Thanks!

Pam

OK... just so I am clear...in a Veranda B4 Cabin, there is no way to hook up any type of music or dvd's? Just clarifying before I being stuff as we have done so on other lines, but have never cruised O.

Thanks!

Pam

As has been stated, the TV's have several music channels, but there is no way to connect a player to it, as those ports are disabled.

I've just returned from a T/A aboard the Regatta. We had an OS for the crossing. I took a digital media player and external hard drive with me and was able to connect it to the TV using a HDMI cable. It worked very well. I was also able to connect my iPOD/PAD to the Bose audio system using a set of audio cables. The system installed in our suite was much older than the one shown in Jim and Stan's photograph and didn't have the docking station so I used a standard 3.5mm jack.

I've just returned from a T/A aboard the Regatta. We had an OS for the crossing. I took a digital media player and external hard drive with me and was able to connect it to the TV using a HDMI cable. It worked very well. I was also able to connect my iPOD/PAD to the Bose audio system using a set of audio cables. The system installed in our suite was much older than the one shown in Jim and Stan's photograph and didn't have the docking station so I used a standard 3.5mm jack.

The question that I was asked was about the Riviera and that photo was of a Suite ON the Riviera. :rolleyes:

With the electronics constantly being updated and repaired, there are naturally going to be instances when the ports work (because that is how most new TV's come out of the box), however, the policy is that the ports be blocked, because some of these changes require resetting the channels in order to return to "normal programming", and with the ships turning around in twelve hours, there simply isn't time or staff to get into all of that.

Perhaps the OP doesn't realize that one doesn't need to plug one's iPad into anything to get a bit of music?

I find it rather remarkable what comes out if the little speaker within my iPad2 - just fine for music while dressing/bathing or hosting a little cocktail gathering.

Archived