CURACAO NOV 28th

iamheretowinp

I have read and read on these threads, and am still having trouble finding something to do there in Curacao on our port day from the cruise ship. We are 27 and 33, looking for something more adventurous and/or different to do. We do NOT want to sit on a beach during this port. We are there from 2p-11p, really looking for something great to see and/or do, and since we are here at sunset/night time we would also possibly love either a romantic sunset cruise/dinner on the beach, or a nice place to listen to some live local music and experience the nightlife. I have been researching but would really love if someone can give their opinions if they have done anything there prior. please comment if you have any good advice to offer.... it's getting closer to our time there and need suggestions please :)

The thing is - you're arriving in port at the day's hottest hour. So not many active adventures recommended.

You can go diving at Marie Pampoen with the Dive Bus and afterwards have a romantic dinner at the Waterfort arches (walking distance from the pier).

Or you can rent a car, drive to Shete Boka National park and later have a beach side dinner at Pirate's Nest or Marriott hotel.

If you're more specific as far as your interests, I might be able to recommend more.

The thing is - you're arriving in port at the day's hottest hour. So not many active adventures recommended.

You can go diving at Marie Pampoen with the Dive Bus and afterwards have a romantic dinner at the Waterfort arches (walking distance from the pier).

Or you can rent a car, drive to Shete Boka National park and later have a beach side dinner at Pirate's Nest or Marriott hotel.

If you're more specific as far as your interests, I might be able to recommend more.

We dont mind the weather, if it's hot that is fine :) any chance you know how much it is to rent a car for the day, and how is driving on the island? been to some places with steep hills and hairpin turns so just curious. Is it easy to navigate around as well?

i definitely want to have the sunset/romantic dinner, but for the daytime, we like to do something different that we dont normally get to experience, we have been swimming with sea turtles, and sting rays. been cave tubing, zip lining, snorkeling... just to give an idea. is the dive bus for snorkeling and what do you get to see? and is there anything that is a must see while in Curacao?

where is Pirate's nest? and is there a website for pirates nest, waterfort arches, marriott so i could see pictures and/or contact them as well? thanks so much for the info :)

any chance you know how much it is to rent a car for the day, and how is driving on the island? been to some places with steep hills and hairpin turns so just curious. Is it easy to navigate around as well?

is the dive bus for snorkeling and what do you get to see? and is there anything that is a must see while in Curacao?

where is Pirate's nest? and is there a website for pirates nest, waterfort arches, marriott so i could see pictures and/or contact them as well? thanks so much for the info :)

- The easiest way to rent is through Avis rent-a-car, you would have to check their website for prices and availibility.

Driving here is not relaxed, but it's easy. No steep hills, the island is pretty flat and if you stay on the main roads you should be fine.

- With the dive bus you get go diving and see much more than when snorkeling

- For pictures, reviews, etc -- check Tripadvisor and Curacao.

Too much to mention.:)

But you will have a great day, that's for sure.

• 1 month later...

I am researching going to Shete Boka also. OP, let me know how your trip went and what transportation you used.

Isa--if you read this. Is car rental the way to go? I have contacted one tour operator but all the trips are in the morning. We will arrive at 1300 off of Carib Princess. Shete Boka looks like an interesting sight. Not really a beach person. Thanks for any help.

I am researching going to Shete Boka also. OP, let me know how your trip went and what transportation you used.

Isa--if you read this. Is car rental the way to go? I have contacted one tour operator but all the trips are in the morning. We will arrive at 1300 off of Carib Princess. Shete Boka looks like an interesting sight. Not really a beach person. Thanks for any help.

You can also go by taxi, which are available at the pier. But I think the charges would be around the same as a days car rent and renting will give you more freedom to visit other areas on your way back.

What is also a good option - share a taxi van with other cruise passengers and keep the trip low budget (place it on your roll-call). Have fun!

Archived