Nativeway stingray and island tour

ageria

Hello all,

We will be in GC in January and are looking at the Nativeway stingray and island tour. We like the look of this tour because we like to see the cultural/natural side of places we visit, not the lay-on-the-beach and booze type tours. I've searched the boards (wish it would sort the search results by relevance and date!) and couldn't find a thread posted after 2007 (I'm sure there are some somewhere). I was wondering if anyone had had any recent experience with this tour? Some of the posts mentioned they stopped to snorkel but it's not mentioned on Nativeway's site. Is this typical or is this at the captain's discretion? Any info would be much appreciated! :D

Great, great tour!!! You will want to do the Rays, Reef & Rum Point Tour. It is a full day. Bus from the port to where the marina where the boats are kept, then off to stingray city (a bucket list location!). There is snorkeling -- usually 2 stops -- but you don't have to get off the boat (my DD wouldn't). Then on to Rum Point Beach where lunch is waiting (you order onboard and they will call in the order). You have about an hour and a half at Rum Point then head back to marina, past the amazing "vacation" houses of the Caymans, to the bus, back to the downtown area. It is usually timed so that there is about 1 hour left before the last tender so you can wander -- quickly -- through the downtown shops.

We have done this tour 3x in the past and always look forward to it. Can't recommend it highly enough!!

Feel free to ask more questions.

Donna,

Orlando

Thanks for your reply. The Rays, Reef & Rum tour sounds like fun. Unfortunately, my sis is pretty fearful of the water and it has taken all of her courage to agree to being in the water at stingray city but snorkeling just freaks her out. I love to snorkel. That's why we are looking at the rays & island tour-it's a compromise. Hopefully, I can get some snorkeling in before or after the tour. :)

Thanks for your reply. The Rays, Reef & Rum tour sounds like fun. Unfortunately, my sis is pretty fearful of the water and it has taken all of her courage to agree to being in the water at stingray city but snorkeling just freaks her out. I love to snorkel. That's why we are looking at the rays & island tour-it's a compromise. Hopefully, I can get some snorkeling in before or after the tour. :)

We did the stingray tour through another company but I did not snorkel either and stayed on the boat. Really enjoyed the beauty of the water and the reef from above and was able to get some great photos. She will be fine and still have a great time.

P.S. I LOVED the stingrays !!! Our guides were very informative and eased a lot of fears before we ever got there. If she's just not comfortable she can always get back on the boat or not get off at all. It's still neat to see them floating by in the water.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived